1Likes
  • 1 Post By theBishop

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-03-2021, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Harmon Kardon in 2019 K900

I just can't dig this stereo, all these **** speakers and sounds either too tinny or too muffled. My wife had a 2018 Stinger Gt2 and that HK rocked. The one in my 2019 K900 just simply doesn't thump. I have messed around with everything, including the disabling of clari-fy and quantum logic. Just doesn't ever really sound great. Wouldn't be so perplexed if the Stinger hadn't sounded so good. Anyone else?
promethus7 likes this.

Last edited by theBishop; 04-03-2021 at 05:53 PM.
post #2 of 7 Old 04-10-2021, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I had the same exact opinion. It doesn't some bad just small with no low end. Since this isn't the type of infotainment you can exactly start taking apart, and replacing pieces with what have you want, my solution was to add in a small $200 10" sub and a amp. Nothing special, think clearance package at Crutchfileld. Since I am still limited by head unit EQ controls and adjustment on the sub amp, the system now sounds "alright" but not great. Since I essentially just added another speaker with its own power source it does sound "bigger" and the sub appeared to pick up a few more lower end frequencies (it think the head unit just ain't sending much to work with). Over time it has started to sound better, however I clearly recognize that is more of my ear compensating vs the sound quality improving. I would say it now sound everso slightly better than the stock HK in wife Telluride.

My 2 Cents...
post #3 of 7 Old 04-10-2021, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Appreciate the feedback. Makes perfect sense what you did to help out and glad it's a little better. I 'think' the alarm just went off in my head. Given that the car is designed as a 'chauffeur vehicle' in SK, I did a physical count of speakers in the rear door(s) and rear deck. I then cranked up the tunes, same ole lackluster experience in the driver's seat, got out of car, sat in the rear seat and.... a totally different experience. Very, very good sound. Doesn't do us any good unless we can figure how to drive the vehicle from the back seat, but sounds good in the back, nonetheless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-10-2021, 01:04 PM

I had never even considered the sound in the back vs the front. That makes perfect sense
post #5 of 7 Old 04-11-2021, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

In my opinion, the K900 Lexicon sound system in my 2019 K900 sounds fantastic. I consider myself an audiophile and of course in a car you cannot match a high-end home system but for a car, this one is great. "tinny or too muffled" certainly is not a feature of the K900 sound system. Try different settings and I am sure you will be positively surprised and if not, your system might be defective.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-12-2021, 05:47 AM

As they say, "sound is in the ear of the beholder". I wouldn't discount the idea of the system having a defect in it. That seems entirely plausible given the oddities. I can 100% guarantee the dealer will say nope, it's fine :-)
post #7 of 7 Old 04-14-2021, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

the system seems to default the center of sound towards the back near the rear seat. Try moving the center up towards the driver seat. Should improve sound experience.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page