Got new Rims-Wheels...What to do with Factory rims? Any Ideas?? - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-04-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Post Got new Rims-Wheels...What to do with Factory rims? Any Ideas??

Greetings,

So....I bought new tires and Rims. Wanted to know if anyone did the same (bought to rims). If so, thought to ask what did you do with your old factory rims and to also inquire on what kind of condition were they in (lip bent, road rash, barrel bent, no issues..., etc.)??

I had the dealership try to find out what was wrong with my rims and tires as I had much vibration in the steering wheel. While this could be attributed to several things, I chose to purchase aftermarket brakes, slotted rotors, 4 new tires and 4 wheels/rims.

I plan on taking to the dealership for them to put the brakes on and also do an alignment on vehicle. Bought the k900 certified pre-owned but did not want to keep driving on tires and brakes i don't trust from previous owner.

Anyway, if anyone could share any ideas of what they did with their old rims, I would appreciate. My intent is to get as much money for them as realistically and reasonably possible. When the dealership last had my car raised up, they said, 3 of the rims were mildly bent and one did not appear to have any apparent discrepancy with it. There is some rash near the lips of the rim but they are small. Nothing that is a major eye sore but they are noticeably there when you look at rim closely and concentrate on it. Just looking at the car in general....your eyes don't move to the rim in total grossness due to rash on rim. Itís not that big of a deal (Just thought to put some context on the matter). I would grade the condition of rims as B- or B.

Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Recap:
1. What did you do with your old factory rims? (Craigslist, eBay, junk yard, gave away, etc.)?
2. What kind of condition (describe) were they just prior to you turning them over?
3. Also, is there a key lock or special device required to remove rotors from vehicle or no...???
End.
post #2 of 4 Old 02-05-2017, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Pics, or both your new and old rims? Do you have the staggered setup?

By "3 of the rims were mildly bent", do you mean they're no longer perfectly rounded? If so, there may not be an outlet for them; since you likely can't sell them w/o 1st fixing the bent (or hiding the fact which I presume it's beneath you) and you won't likely get your repair $$ back should you choose to fix them since they won't sell for much.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-05-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

I would say you can lean on the factory rims more so being closer to being in good shape rather than bad shape. I don't think much work will be required of them. They are still round all of them. I guess i just wanted to have an idea of what to do with my old factory rims presumably if they were still in good working order....?

As for y rims, I got to motiv - 417mg montage.

I wanted the Vossen Rims but they were more $ than what I wanted to allocate for wheels. Had I got the Vossens they would have looked like this:
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ery-86887.html
but what i ended up getting looks close to it but it has about 5 more spokes plus i kept it at 19 inches instead of 20. Simple and to the point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-10-2017, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Looks like I will have to remove the aftermarket front brakes and aftermarket front rotors and have dealership order stock brakes and rotors to put on. I'm getting a vibration in the steering wheel when braking. All new tires balanced, alignment done. They believe it is def coming from the front of car but saying they can't know for sure till they put on stock brakes and rotors. Has anyone had any vibration issues when braking (in thier k900) and can share what they did to fully fix the problem?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page