Gas mileage? - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-12-2020, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Default Gas mileage?

So, what is everybody getting nowadays?

I've had my car long enough to break it in thoroughly, and get used to its quirks (mostly). I've settled on Smart as the best everyday drive mode, and the mileage indicator is showing a very consistent 17.5.

Since I'm almost always in city traffic, I think that's pretty good--well north of the EPA 15 city estimate.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #2 of 8 Old 02-12-2020, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Winter blend gas = crappy MPG
post #3 of 8 Old 02-13-2020, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've only had my 2016 for a few weeks. Best case was a long highway trip that was mostly at 70 and included 2 mountain passes at 28.5. Day to day in city usually in 16s. Other car is a wrangler so I'm good I think that with a light foot you might be able to squeeze 20 overall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-18-2020, 05:54 AM

Thank you so much for giving me some good ideas to drive a new car nicely without facing any issue. I love these bestessaytips which helped me to write an essay on driving. I have bought a car but wasn’t well aware about driving it because it’s a very technical car but you have helped me well.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-27-2020, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Red face Gas Mileage

2015 K900 IP V8 get 26-28mpg at 80mph on trips, 17 around town unless I use the freeway, then its 20-22. Love this car. Bought it new.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-27-2020, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
So, what is everybody getting nowadays?

I've had my car long enough to break it in thoroughly, and get used to its quirks (mostly). I've settled on Smart as the best everyday drive mode, and the mileage indicator is showing a very consistent 17.5.

Since I'm almost always in city traffic, I think that's pretty good--well north of the EPA 15 city estimate.
Since I'm almost always in city traffic, I think that's pretty good--well north of the EPA 15 city estimate.[/QUOTE]

That is what I got on a regular basis with my 2016 K900 V8; on the highway I once got 25. The 2019 Avalon Limited I got to replace it gets 23-24 mpg average in town and I have seen 29.6 on the highway - but its not even broken in yet at less than 2000 miles. I sure hope the 2019 and later K900's have been cured of the reliability issues that mine had. I loved it in every way but I couldn't deal with its "deadmobile" issues. There is nothing worse than finding your car completely dead, complicated by very difficult to open doors that took me an hour to get the key cover off the door handle, trying my best not to scratch or mar the paint! Maybe I had one that was an exception to the rule, but it had all the weird issues with alloy rims chipping for NO reason, intermittent oscillating steering even with new Michelin Pilot Sport tires at 55-65 mph, terrible battery charging issues, extremely vulnerable front camera lens that got cracked by a freaking rock, trunk leak or condensing water in the lower trunk that lead to black mold forming in the cover above it (this was the final blow for me), etc, etc. All of which my Kia dealer would tell me they couldn't duplicate the problems. I think the previous owner leased it and drove the wheels off by the 18,000 miles when I bought it. That being said, I STILL reach for the control knob for the audio/nav system and miss it terribly, along with the easy to see and use touchscreen head unit and incredible sound system. Hope none of you are having the problems I had. My Kia dealer never kept a Cadenza in stock or I would likely have gone for that over the Avalon, especially with its terrible, recalcitrant, non-Android Auto head unit. Stinger had the spare tire in the same burried location in the trunk and I was concerned it would have the same moisture issues as the K900 did.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-01-2020, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Yikes, that's a real laundry list of issues, tomspoon. Sorry to hear about all that!

So far, my 2016 is trucking fine (just turned 15,000 miles). Just routine maintenance at 7500 and 15,000 miles. Fingers crossed!

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #8 of 8 Old 05-11-2020, 01:25 PM

2016 V6 on Regular Unleaded. I get 18 MPG running around town. On last 2 Sacramento to L.A. roadtrips I was averaging 29 MPG on the flat open highway, at 70-to-75 MPH.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page