Found a possible k900 to buy - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-09-2018, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Default Found a possible k900 to buy

So I found this Black 2015 k900 with VIP pkg and only 967 miles on it.

Dealer is asking for 31k for it, and the CarFax does not show any owner, it seems this is a brand new car that was never sold..
How is that possible? I feel like I am missing something here..

My lease is not up until November, but if this is really a brand new car, I may pull the trigger now..
post #2 of 4 Old 09-09-2018, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

here is the picture of the Carfax..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (53.0 KB, 6 views)
post #3 of 4 Old 09-10-2018, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Wow, man, I feel for you! My situation was almost like this, although since mine had about 2100 miles, it was nearly worn out compared to this one!

Mine was listed as a "manufacturer's vehicle," but I don't see even that on yours. You could try AutoCheck, but they do tend to duplicate each other--probably the odds are against getting anything much new.

So, assuming the dealer is OK with it, I'd definitely spend the money on a professional inspection. Drive it as far as you can, and pay attention to idle & braking--I think I've detected some issues related to low-usage on mine: rough idle (carbon deposits?) and vibration on braking. The latter was easily fixed with a rotor turn, but I don't know how fixable the former is. Also, watch for flat-spotting on the tires. By what I read here, the Hankooks that came on the '15s were prone to that if not used regularly. And is this a Kia dealer? If so, ask if you get the whole 100,000 mile warranty, or only the 60K one.

I do think that price is a touch high for a '15 at this point, even with super-low mileage. I'd assume there's some room to negotiate there.

Let us know what you decide to do!

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-11-2018, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

I called the dealer. They didn't do a good job explaining how they have a brand new car. I was able to track down that they got it from an Auction, but the actual history behind why it was not sold until now is still unknown.

The dealer also *think* they have it price it correctly @ $34k. I will let them have a reality check for the next 2 months, since my lease is paid out until end of Nov. My guess is that they are at least 8k inflated. Depreciation has taken its tow and market/demand for this vehicle set the price on mid 20's, that's just the rough reality.

On the bright side, the car does have ALL the pkgs that I was looking for, including the white napa leather.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page