Is this forum on Life Support? - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 12-30-2021, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

one of the reasons i'm sure this site isn't getting any traffic is because it doesn't show up on search results. at least not mine. try typing in k900 forum and see what you get

RMartin
Dallas, TX
2015 K900 VIP Titanium Bronze over White interior
post #12 of 21 Old 01-01-2022, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I actually like the Stinger a lot -- my preferred built is GT2 AWD White w/ Ivory or Red interior. But..., there's no way Kia dealers are giving their remaining GT2s away and no way I'm giving my K900 (spec-ed just like I want it) away.

Might as well post some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211228_075224954_LIa.jpg (254.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20211228_074930375_HDR_LIa.jpg (180.6 KB, 5 views)
post #13 of 21 Old 01-07-2022, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I also like the Stinger, and the K900. I've held off on getting a K900, partly due to the gas mileage, partly because it just feels ponderous compared to my Cadenza. I've eyed the Stinger, but would miss my panoramic sunroof and digital dash. Really the Cadenza is in the perfect spot for me. I just hate the FWD.

I was really excited to see the '19 K900 get the 3.3TT (better performance & better mpg) & AWD, but then was disappointed to see the loss of the panoramic sunroof. I was excited to see the K8 (an upscale-ified Cadenza), pushing into K900 territory, and thought it would be a really great vehicle for the US market, but still FWD. Then the news came out that it wasn't coming here.

I'm regularly aggravated by my Cadenza being FWD (which is my impetus for looking at other vehicles), but just haven't found my perfect replacement. The K900 is great, I'm just not sure it's exactly what I want.

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 Old 01-10-2022, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)

You surprise me a bit with your dislike of front-drive, Kia=Driver. What exactly does the Cadenza do that you don't like?

I've had front-drive Buicks and Pontiacs and generally couldn't really tell them from rear-drivers, except that they were a little bit better in the snow. The Buick had the supercharged engine and I admit, if I just tromped it in a curve, I could feel just a little tug of torque steer, but it was nothing extreme.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #15 of 21 Old 01-11-2022, 08:31 PM

My Cadenza has enough power to spin a tire when trying to hustle from a stop, merging with traffic. When I'm trying to jump into a hole in traffic, spinning a tire means I'm not making forward progress. (well, some, but not as much as I'd like). Accelerating from a stop in the rain, I'm spinning a tire. I did it again today, on a dry road, taking off from a stoplight. It might have been a slight incline. I was feeling frisky, so I had it in manual mode & mashed the pedal when the light turned green. I got more wheelspin than I was expecting (probably due to cooler weather/cooler rubber).

I previously owned a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. It was a 2.5 turbo, AWD w/ manual tranny w/ 50/50 torque distribution, and I never had to worry about spinning a tire. Accelerating from a stop, around a corner, in the rain, in the snow, it would just go, every time. I never had to even think about spinning any tires unless I was trying to. With my Cadenza, I'm regularly spinning a tire without meaning to, and not making the forward progress I was hoping for.

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
post #16 of 21 Old 01-11-2022, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Interesting! I've not experienced this regularly with any car. Have all the wheel-related systems been checked out--antilock, traction control, etc.? It just doesn't sound quite normal.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #17 of 21 Old 01-12-2022, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I also periodically spin the tires during a frisky start with my rear wheel drive 2015 K900. Four hundred twenty horsepower, and rear wheel drive (which has less weight over the tires than front wheel drive), will lead to that result.
Kia-Driver likes this.
post #18 of 21 Old 01-12-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
Interesting! I've not experienced this regularly with any car. Have all the wheel-related systems been checked out--antilock, traction control, etc.? It just doesn't sound quite normal.
Huh? Traction control? What's that?!?

The Cadenza isn't just "any car." It's surprisingly peppy. On a launch, weight transfers to the rear and the fronts unload, allowing loss of traction.

Anti-lock would only engage while braking.

I suppose I should clarify that I'm not roasting the tire doing smokey burnouts, so I'm sure some TC is happening, but it's spinning a tire enough to notice. Come to think of it, I have noticed TC kicking in on prior occasions. It wasn't obvious this past time. I probably didn't get enough wheelspin to incur the wrath of the nannies.

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
post #19 of 21 Old 01-13-2022, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

What tires do you have on your Cadenza?
post #20 of 21 Old 01-20-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z163324 View Post
What tires do you have on your Cadenza?
Sorry, just getting back to this. I have BF Goodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S - 245/40ZR19

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page