• 1 Post By Z163324
  • 1 Post By K9Intender

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 09-28-2021, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Is this forum on Life Support?

I've been noticing less and less people posting or replying here. I know that I haven't been the best at it either, but its sad to see one of the only K900 forums to slowly die.
post #2 of 10 Old 09-28-2021, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

I agree, very sad. It is very unfortunate Kia stopped selling K900’s in the U.S. and i think people lost interest. There are still a number of K900s out there but obviously not enough. The K900 is such a great car and did not deserve the treatment from Kia. There was basically no marketing done for the 2019/20 model year and I believe the car deserved its own brand name like they did with Genesis. The K900 is actually no Kia at all, this is not me saying but the service technicians. They told me everything is different in this car compared to all other Kia's.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-29-2021, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

I had to bring mine in for service and when I went to pick it up one of the salesman asked if I was interested in trading it in. I told him for sake of argument, what would you give me for it if I were to trade it in on a '22 Stinger GT2? Basically, they'd give me what I owe on it. I'm thinking the salesman was the one interested in the car because he said he's never seen one equipped like mine in Lakestone. Now they're bugging me every other day because I didn't give them an answer. I actually like the Stinger and considered purchasing one before my K900, but it's honestly not as nice of a car IMO. Even with the brand new one I'd be giving up rear power seats and a digital dash. I think I'll just keep my K900. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-29-2021, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

In my opinion going to the Stinger is a big downgrade in comfort unless you are looking for a more spirited type of driving style. When I looked at the Stinger I was shocked that the driver seat was touching the rear driver seat which would make it a 3 person car.
K900 Pilot likes this.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-29-2021, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Yes, it's a pity this place is so quiet. With no new product coming in, there's less to discuss. Personally, I've learned most all of the quirks of the car by now and so I don't check in for questions and advice as much as I used to.

There have been quite a few Kia recalls lately, so I'm very pleased to hear that the K is different from the rest of the lineup! I keep looking for it in those Takata airbag recalls, and I never see it.

I've looked at the Stinger, although not driven one. I tend to agree it would be a downgrade from the K. The one thing that might be nicer is the hatchback--makes the car very versatile. But I always think hatches are noisy and don't hold together as well over the long term--not sure if I'm right.

My dealer has been blitzing me with "We want to buy your car" e-mails. I haven't asked for an offer, but I bet it would be pretty lowball.

So I'm not selling, and me and the K are together for (I hope) the long term.
K900 Pilot likes this.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #6 of 10 Old 09-30-2021, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Trading in isn't worth it. As I currently sit a 2015 K900 Luxury Silver with 115k miles, the online dealers dropped their offers from $12,500 3 months ago to the pre covid offer of $8500. I'm keeping this car until the engine or transmission dies since they aren't worth a whole lot on trade in.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-30-2021, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Their initial offer was 40k for my '19 with just over 12,000 mi. I'd be starting all over again with payments on a 55k car that's 3 years newer, but imo not as nice of a car. The only thing I'm concerned about is the K is no longer being exported to the US and parts/service could become a problem in the future. When I had the battery replaced the dealer said he was shocked they had a battery on the shelf. He said he's seen them on backorder for over 2 months.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-30-2021, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Thanks for the heads up on the battery, maw_76. Mine is the factory one, and I am begining to think at five years old it might be on its last legs.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #9 of 10 Old 10-01-2021, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Note, this forum is on life support however, the Facebook K900 owners group is alive and well.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-04-2021, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maw_76 View Post
I actually like the Stinger and considered purchasing one before my K900, but it's honestly not as nice of a car IMO.
It definitely would be quite a downgrade! Not only feature wise, build quality as well. This car is a magic flying carpet! You can buy such cars anytime from other brands like Mercedes S-Class, but they come with a at least 50-70k on top of the K900 price tag. The K900 was an incredibly good offer for what you got for your buck, especially the 2019/20 models. Unfortunately, there is no such car available anymore for this price.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page