1Likes
  • 1 Post By K9Intender

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-10-2022, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Default Dual air filters

I thought by now I knew all the K's quirks and features, to quote Mr. DeMuro, but I learned another one today.

I got involved in a dust storm in Arizona while I was on my road trip, and what a mess! Besides the obvious outside accumulation, it got all over the engine cover, in all the weather stripping, and naturally in all the filters. So when I went to the dealer to get those changed, I thought at first they made a mistake, because they charged me for three filters. Well, no, it turns out. Besides the cabin filter, the engine has two air filters, one being a sort of pre-filter for the other one, they told me. Part numbers are 28113-3M500 and 28113-3M100.

I must say, though, the car ran perfectly through the experience, the a/c never faltered, and no dust got into the interior or the trunk. So maybe it's partly due to double-filtration!
K900 Pilot likes this.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2022, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

"Pre-filter". Hmmmm that sounds suspect however it does explain why the last time I changed mine one side was way cleaner than the other side. Side note, what a pain in butt air-filter box design. Yes that bar has to come off
post #3 of 3 Old 01-19-2022, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

K9 for a second I was like good ole Kia must have bamboozled you. But I just went to my car and followed the air intake pipe and I'll be a monkey's uncle. There is a pre-air filter and mine is absolutely packed full of **** and debris! I'll be ordering my replacement right now. Thanks for the tip!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page