Drove a Kia K900 for a week, AMA! - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-16-2019, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Drove a Kia K900 for a week, AMA!

Hello everyone,

Closest would be a new bmw 3 series. It was very quiet, and the interior had comparable fit and finish. The BMW has always been more of a drivers car, and that was evident with the Kia's slower clumsier shifting. I would imagine the Kia is marketed more towards the luxury cruiser than the sports sedan. I.e. I managed to over heat the brakes with a short stint of hard driving.

For the price, you get a lot more options on the Kia, the headlights turning around corners works suprisingly well.

The other thing, for good or bad is it doesn't quite look like a $60,000 car. Everyone knows a BMW is a luxury car, but the Kia badge lets it slip by others.

Thank you!
post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage

But look at what you get. If you have to have a BMW badge then by all means buy a much smaller BMW3 for near the same price.
You will have to go with a 7 series to get everything the K900 has. Now look at the price of that. Whoa $120,000
post #3 of 4 Old 06-02-2019, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Glad you enjoyed your ride, hardus77, but I don't myself think the K is very comparable to any of the BMW's. (Although as Gene notes, the equipment is most like a 7 series.) As you note, it's just not designed and marketed for the same audience.

I would guess it gets cross-shopped more against Cadillac and Lincoln and maybe Lexus.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-07-2019, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The K900 is a "Luxury" car. Other are "Luxury Sport" cars. You cant really compare the two since all others are all making Luxury Sport now. The K900 is what the Lexus, Cadillac, Buick, Lincon luxury cars were on 1st offerings.

Since they (other car manufacturers) moved the goal post... The reviewers cannot honestly compare this car to those.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page