In dispraise of - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 Old 12-08-2018, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

In my 3 months of ownership.
1) Entry and Egress: I'm 5' 11'' and when getting in and out I always seem to scrape my head/hair on the door opening. Even when I'm seated I feel like I could use just a dash more headroom
2) UVO system keeps intermittently rebooting. I just wait til the next time it happens - aaarrrggg..
3) Every time I hit the execrator I have this Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde experience - love the pickup and smooth ride of the V8. Hate the 15-17MPG
4) The White leather interior is sooooooo beautiful but the darn driver's seat seem to be showing some signs of wear.
5) Nit pick: When opening the panoramic sunroof I can not seem to find a way to tap the control and have it open the shade but not the roof. After I tap the roof control, from a state where the shade is closed, it will retract the shade and pop the roof open.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the vehicle.
post #12 of 23 Old 12-09-2018, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Interesting to hear! I'm getting close to six months with my car, and I can partly agree with you.

I'm about 6'1" and I seem to be getting in and out without much trouble. A little more headroom would be nice, true - not really a functional issue, IMHO, but just to feel a little more space up there.

A lot of people have posted here about their UVO issues, I know, but so far mine's been perfect. (Knock on poplar wood.)

Interestingly, takeoff from stop or low speed is not one of my real likes. I've posted elsewhere that I think the auto hold feature complicates the process, but I also have begun to blame the transmission a bit also. I don't think it's good at being in the right gear when you want to really go--it has to stop to hunt. I think somehow the whole system kind of mutes the performance you should get from such a powerful engine.

My white leather is not wearing yet, but it does have some dirt on it. So far, I've just swabbed it off with plain water, which helps, but doesn't completely clean it. I haven't decide what kind of leather cleaner to try.

You are exactly 100% correct about the sunshade thing! It's fiendishly hard to find the right finger pressure to just open the shade. You have to give the switch just the gentlest, briefest tap possible. I'm actually getting to where I can do it pretty reliably, so I'd say just keep practicing. One day it will work, and you'll feel you've really done something.

Yes, I enjoy the car--the upsides are way bigger than the downsides, for sure.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #13 of 23 Old 12-10-2018, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionk9 View Post
In my 3 months of ownership.
1) Entry and Egress: I'm 5' 11'' and when getting in and out I always seem to scrape my head/hair on the door opening. Even when I'm seated I feel like I could use just a dash more headroom
2) UVO system keeps intermittently rebooting. I just wait til the next time it happens - aaarrrggg..
3) Every time I hit the execrator I have this Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde experience - love the pickup and smooth ride of the V8. Hate the 15-17MPG
4) The White leather interior is sooooooo beautiful but the darn driver's seat seem to be showing some signs of wear.
5) Nit pick: When opening the panoramic sunroof I can not seem to find a way to tap the control and have it open the shade but not the roof. After I tap the roof control, from a state where the shade is closed, it will retract the shade and pop the roof open.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the vehicle.
Regards #2 , I had a similar issue when I first got my K900, but doing a system reset using the reset button just to the left of the DISP button on the right side of the CD slot (you need to use a pen or paperclip) resolved the issue and I've had no problems since.

Regards #4 , After over 10k miles I have no signs of wear except for a slight crease in the leather on the driver's seat. I wipe my seats down weekly (or when I notice any dirt/soil) with a damp microfiber cloth, and use Chemical Guys sprayable leather cleaner and conditioner about once a month.

Regards #5 , the sunshade should retract without opening the glass if you push the sunroof control switch back to the first detent. Mine is pretty easy to feel, and opening the shade without opening the glass is easy to do, as the detent provides enough resistance to enable me to stop pressing it through all the way to fully open the sunroof. If you can't feel the first detent, you might want to have it checked by the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 Old 12-14-2018, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Going on 1 year with my 2015. Still my most favorite vehicle I have ever owned (I have had 49 vehicles now in my lifetime). Knock on fake wood. haha.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #15 of 23 Old 12-21-2018, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Another beef--when you pull up close to a wall to park, I get why it beeps and flashes red warnings at you while you're going forward.

But when you get ready to leave and are in Reverse, I don't see why it needs to do that stuff all over again--you are no longer headed toward the wall. And it's really annoying. Some bad programming there, I think.

post #16 of 23 Old 12-21-2018, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
Another beef--when you pull up close to a wall to park, I get why it beeps and flashes red warnings at you while you're going forward.

But when you get ready to leave and are in Reverse, I don't see why it needs to do that stuff all over again--you are no longer headed toward the wall. And it's really annoying. Some bad programming there, I think.
my 2015 doesn't do this and it always beeps when i garage park as i'm close to the wall. on start up, no beeping until i get closer to the door and the side monitor beeps front and rear until i exit the garage.
post #17 of 23 Old 02-04-2019, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The white leather on my driver's armrest rubbed off when cleaning. Took it to my service manager and he tried some cleaner he had and it made it worse. My arm doesn't sit there, so in my opinion, it's faulty. They are going to have their rep look at it.
post #18 of 23 Old 04-04-2019, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but it sure aggravated me on my recent vacation.

I had the 7500 mile service done early before I left because I knew I'd be over it before I got back--I'm now well over 9000.

The dealer, though, didn't reset the service timer inside the dash cluster. It was fine when I left home and for some time thereafter--there must be some tolerance after the necessary mileage is reached.

Then, as I was going over a mountainous stretch at night, all of a sudden it threw up that yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it--not an informative message. So I'm thinking, crap, what's gone wrong, am I going to be stranded here until the buzzards pick my bones, etc.

Finally I got to a place where I could pull over, and got the manual out to read by the overhead light. There are lots of things that will show that symbol, apparently, so I'm tensely reading over the list until it finally struck me that service interval was among them. So I clicked over to that screen, set the next service at 15,000, and the warning went off.

Whew! Another example of the use of high technology to add stress to your life!

post #19 of 23 Old 04-05-2019, 02:45 AM

Garage

Having dealt with the dead battery issues on my 2016 K900 which required resetting several systems in the car (such as the sunroof, windows, and power trunk), have you tried resetting the trunk per those procedures? My trunk would not close properly and would actually remain open until I followed the reset instructions. I no longer have access to my manual after the trade in, but its in the section regarding total battery re-connection/replacement.
post #20 of 23 Old 04-05-2019, 03:15 AM

Garage

Hey guys, I wanted to share with you a cleaning trick for leather which is approved by other luxury manufacturers like Cadillac and Lexus. Its pretty inexpensive and it works very well and is an effective and gentle cleaner that will not damage leather. You put Woolite Cold Water Wash (4-5 ounces) in an empty 32 ounce spray bottle and fill the remaining way with water up to the 32 ounce mark. Shake well before use. You can use with a soft toothbrush or other soft brush then wipe with a microfiber towel. Be sure to get the regular Woolite, not the one for HE washers as it does not clean as well. I believe you could probably get dollar store variety that would work just as well as long as it is a wool wash like you would put in a sink to wash a sweater.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page