Kia K900 Forum

Kia K900 Forum (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/)
-   New 2013+ K900 General Discussion Forum (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-2013-k900-general-discussion-forum-9/)
-   -   Dealerships is servicing a 2015 K900 (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-2013-k900-general-discussion-forum-9/dealerships-servicing-2015-k900-5745/)

Double D 03-04-2021 10:35 AM

Dealerships is servicing a 2015 K900

I went to go look at and test drive a 2015 Kia K900 with approximately 47K miles. I really like the car and the price. I started by inspectiing the outside of the vehicle. I noticed that the driver side fog light was scraped. I tested the lights and they all still all worked. I check out the interior and started the car. Once I start the car I wait to see what warning lights come. The airbag light is the only one that stayed on. So I think, ok it's just a code. I tell the salesperson that I will buy the car if they can figure out why the airbag light is on and fix the problem and get a new fog light. I test drove it and it was just like all the youtubers and articles describe the driving experience.The dealer told me that the car was new on the lot and had not yet been serviced. The next day I call back and the salesperson tells me that it is being serviced and that the service department is waiting on a part to come in and that once the part comes in and the car fits the dealerships safety standards he will call me back. It's a national Chevrolet dealership where I found this K900. I haven't heard from the salesperson in two days. Are parts hard to come by for these vehicles? I wonder if they had to send it to a Kia dealership?

Z163324 03-08-2021 12:11 PM

Hey do not buy that car. It is extremely hard to service at a certified K900 Dealership let alone a Chevy. Look at my comment history and others. Come into ownership with open eyes, and for the love of God get a warranty on it if you do buy one.

K9Intender 03-14-2021 01:33 AM

There's a true range of experience here with these cars, Double D. Some owners have luck and some don't, it seems. The caution Z163324 gives above is prudent.

Myself, I was fortunate to find a used one with only 3,000 miles, and there's a certified dealer pretty near me. I haven't had any real problems, and the dealer has been very good. So I am, so far, amongst the lucky ones. If you decide to buy in, Double D, let us know how you fare.

Z163324 03-15-2021 11:54 AM

I just posted on another thread, but guess who's airbags no longer work? I'll post an update when I get back from vacation and they diagnose it.

rsmartin61 03-19-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Intender (Post 27359)
There's a true range of experience here with these cars, Double D. Some owners have luck and some don't, it seems. The caution Z163324 gives above is prudent.

Myself, I was fortunate to find a used one with only 3,000 miles, and there's a certified dealer pretty near me. I haven't had any real problems, and the dealer has been very good. So I am, so far, amongst the lucky ones. If you decide to buy in, Double D, let us know how you fare.

Agree. I've had my '15 VIP version for a little over two years. It has 48K on it. I've put 15K of those on it. So far I've had ZERO issues. Everything works perfectly. Agree the ride is a bit squishy especially on the bumpy Dallas TX streets. But it is so quiet, which I absolutely love. For highway cruising, it's hard to beat. Haven't done much of that however, to be honest. Mostly just local driving.

Mine was a one owner lease return with perfect service. I bought from KIA dealer where I have continued to maintain the perfect service history.

Z163324 03-19-2021 02:03 PM

I agree with everyone on here, the car is great. I think I am in the minority here and have been the only member here who has cracked 60,000 miles here. All of my issues except the headlight has happened after 60,000. My 3 year anniversary just passed a few days ago, and on average I drive 25,000 miles a year. I just want people to knowwhat could happen when many miles are added to the K900.

mdude 03-21-2021 09:25 AM

My 2015 VIP just cracked 60k.

Owned it since early 2016, driven about 40 of those 60k.

There have been a couple issues (i.e. infotainment software updates, headlight assembly recall, dealer petitioned Kia successfully to replace a flaking chrome wheels, seat rail adjustment, replaced muffler holding bracket); one time I ended up having to wait >1mo for a part but it didn't affect how the car drove so there was no loss of use. Nothing debilitating so far.

Most importantly, in hindsight having a good dealer to work with has been paramount.

Now, w/ Kia discontinuing the car, the journey ahead may get a bit tricky. And eventually some costly repairs will surface, as any full size luxury cars will go through.

But based on my ownership experience so far, zero regrets and I'd have done it all over again.

Love the car. It has been and continue to be the best value for the buck. And you HARDLY EVER see another one on the road.

In fact, if I'm in the market, I'll seriously consider a leftover 2020.

Lifer 03-26-2021 02:19 PM

My 2015 VIP V8 now has 80,000 miles, and except for the four replaced headlights, no problems of any kind. Yes, the fake powder-coated chrome wheels peels, especial when hitting curbs, and they bend due to hitting potholes, but this is a great car. the front end is low, so hitting a parking curb rubs the lower bumper, unseen. Bought it new for cash in 2014, and still love it. One more thing to note: I still have the original brakes and shocks and they are like new. Great car.

K9Intender 03-27-2021 12:05 AM

Very encouraging to hear, Lifer! I only hope mine will be doing that well at 80,000!

Z163324 04-14-2021 05:44 PM

Just got back from service

Good afternoon boys; I just got back from getting my K900 repaired. They couldn't track down the cause of my trunk not functioning 100% of the time but my AC condenser failed and they had to replace it. The warranty I have saved me from a full repair bill. Grand total was $2446.50. Sadly I had to pay $1300 since Kia had a bulletin update for the condenser had to have all auxiliary parts attached replaced.

Fun fact, I bought mine for $25,000, $1,200 for a warranty. As of today, the warranty has paid out over $18,000. I hope in the next 18,000 miles left of the warranty I can get it to pay more than I did for the car lol.