Dead Battery - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 04-08-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Update. Because of the no starts becoming daily I decided to buy a new battery. Went to O'Reilly's. With my old guy discount price was 197.00. they also offer a military discount. Replacement wasn't bad. You do get a work out, battery is almost seventy pounds fortunately there are handles. Only resets I had was the truck lid and seat memory. Clock reset by it's self. This morning I had 12.6 for voltage no drain overnight. Maybe (I hope) it was a bad battery. I did have one odd thing happen. When I first purchased the vehicle and filled the gas tank my range always showed 350 or more. Lately fill ups showed range no more then 250ish. After installing new battery my gas range showed 380. Did this happened because when I disconnected and reconnected it reset back to factory default? Electronics can be weird, maybe it needed a hard reboot. I'll keep you posted what the next fill up shows for fuel range.
post #12 of 15 Old 04-08-2019, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
So does that mean you traded, tomspoon? If so, what did you get?

You are right, oldbiker--not every Kia dealer is certified. To anybody looking to buy a K, I'd advise for sure checking on the dealer situation in your area.
Yes, I did reluctantly trade for a 2019 Kia Sportage SX Turbo in Pacific Blue with Gray Leather interior, w/Panoramic sunroof, Harmon Kardon sound system with NAV and other options. I took a loss over what I paid for the K900 in December 2017, but decided that was worth it to be rid of the frequent no-start situation and other issues, and have a full 10 year power train warranty (since I bought the K900 from a BMW dealer, power train warranty was reduced to 5 years, 60k) as well as the 5 year, 60k bumper to bumper warranty. Interestingly, the K900 did not linger on Kia's lot, it sold in a very short time. I certainly miss the luxury and quiet of my K900, the HUD, ESPECIALLY the rotary head unit control of the sound system, the extremely comfortable seats, etc, etc. But I was able to get a well equipped vehicle with *most* of the same safety equipment. One upside about the Sportage is that the insurance is much less vs the K900, which had gone up more than $200 for the renewal that was coming, even though I only drove it 2k miles in the past year, no tickets, no accidents. Insurance provider explained it was just very expensive vehicle to repair.

One thing that I had not mentioned previously about my K900, I had two wheels that had dings where chrome plating had scraped off, as well as some areas that appeared to have chrome flaking off - an issue supposedly resolved in MY 2016. I also occasionally had the steering wheel oscillation even though the tires had been replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport tires. The mold issue was the final blow for me, for the dealer could not explain why moisture was getting in the trunk area and therefore I knew it would continue to happen.

One last thing I want to say about buying a used car - I was so excited to finally find a 2016 K900 with VIP Plus pkg, I bought the car in the rain. Don't EVER do this. I found cat scratches on the hood, lots of little paint chips on the front of the car, and what I thought was water on the front camera lens was actually a cracked lens! I told the Kia dealer upfront about the cracked lens upon the trade in, but when I went in to pick up my license plates for the Sportage, they told me that in order to sell the K900, they had to replace the front camera which cost them $1200! Yikes!!!

I am considering getting a Stinger down the line!
post #13 of 15 Old 04-09-2019, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Sorry to hear your K900 didn't work out! But an unreliable car is not one you want, regardless of other factors. I had several with water intrusion issues back in my jalopy-driving days, and I remember that's a devilishly hard problem to run down and fix.

But I see you are not put off the Kia brand! I hope your new one will give you good service. I might not mind thinking about a Stinger at some point in the future myself--the hatchback would make it very practical.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 04-12-2019, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

I think tomspoon has given us a very good caution about not buying in the rain. I wouldn't have thought to check the front camera lens either. I think we've all heard don't buy at night, too--also good advice.

Based on my experience, let me add a third one--don't buy one with snow on it! I did this in Chicago one time, and a (pretty large) spot on one of the windows that I thought was just slush and condensation proved to be delaminating glass.

If we keep on this way, we'll have a pretty good buyer's guide put together!

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #15 of 15 Old 04-27-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default up date on replacing battery

second day with new battery i had a voltage drop of 11.8.
But i might of found something that could be the problem. I'll try and explain. Seems when i lock the doors and let the car sit for day or day's with out starting i always have a voltage of 12.6. I noticed if i don't lock the doors the small amber lights located (arm rests) on the switch to lock the doors stay on and never time out. they only go out when the doors are locked with the fob. Two other amber indicator lights, map & door lamp control the door button or privacy button depending on which is pressed the other on the rear center console the left or right switch that operates the lumber for the rear seats. My map lights and mood lights will always time out but not the amber indicator lights i mentioned. I was hoping someone on the forum could check their vehicle and see if the small amber lights will time out without locking doors. They are hard to see in daylight. But in a garage much easier.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page