A curious interior picture - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 12-09-2017, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Default A curious interior picture

I've run across this picture a couple of times in my travels through K900 sites. It seems to have some sort of pale trim on the console and upper wheel that doesn't correspond to anything in the factory brochures I have, and I have not seen a car for sale with it.

It doesn't look like the brushed stainless trim on the base V-6 models. I thought it was some kind of white wood finish at first, but now I'm not sure.

Could it be maybe a prototype interior that was never produced?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-kia-k900-prototype_maybe_interiorjpg.jpg (221.9 KB, 35 views)
post #2 of 24 Old 12-10-2017, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

That pic shows either a non-American model trim or an early design for a show car that isn't available in actual orders. You see that color palette in advertisements or promo videos only. For two-tone black top with ivory leather interior, the wood is always ash (dark grey) color, not silvery-white.
post #3 of 24 Old 12-10-2017, 07:43 AM

Here, see attached pic. I've the same black over ivory interior...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160814_072201.jpg (172.8 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 12-10-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Beautiful interior! I think that's the one I'm shopping for. However, isn't that white rather than ivory?
post #5 of 24 Old 12-10-2017, 05:48 PM

I use white and ivory interchangeably. But to be precise, you're right and it's white.

Let us know if you end up getting one. The beauty is you hardly see another one on the road.
post #6 of 24 Old 12-10-2017, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

I promise, when I make my move, there'll be no doubt in the mind of anyone here! :-)
post #7 of 24 Old 12-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage

Saw that same car in Los Angeles auto show in late 2014. I think they brought it in from Korea. The cars in Korea, Russia, and several Arab countries have colors and features we didn't get here. When I first get my white on white 2015 K900 they didn't put the VIP package it the white interior. After about 6 months they did the VIP in white interiors. I could never find one with the white topped steering wheel and white wood trim.
That is nothing new for KIA, they did the same thing with the Cadenza on cooled front seats. First half of 2014 no cooling on passenger seats. Then second half of 2014 cooling in both front seats
post #8 of 24 Old 12-11-2017, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

never seen the white wood; but I like it. I have the white interior with the gray wood and like that but this is unique for sure. no idea if it was offered anywhere; maybe just in Korea? Really clean looking.

good find!

hey Gene, did I read somewhere on the site that you found a good replacement tire for your K900? I'm at the point where I'd like to ditch the OEM Hankooks and am looking at the Continental Extreme Contact DSW 06. What did you decide when you replaced your OEMs? thanks!
post #9 of 24 Old 12-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage

Dave
I put the same tires on that you are looking at Continental Extreme Contact DSW 06.
I thought much better than the Hankooks.
Only thing I didn't like was the flat spotting over night when it was cold.
Drive a mile or so and the flat spot evened out and was smooth again
Reasons I went with that tire!
Drove to Denver and back east several times in winter months; work great in snow,
But not a replacement for good snow tires in snowy states.
I'd buy them again.
My new Genesis G90 has Continental Contiprocontact W series tires OEM on it from factory.
smoother from startup with no flat spotting but not sure about tread life and looks like snow is a no-no.
I no longer drive to Denver so don't think that is not a problem here in Arizona
Continental Extreme Contact DSW 06 would be hard to beat on the K900
post #10 of 24 Old 12-12-2017, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Gene, thank you very much for the exact info I was looking for. We don't often get snow here but I have noticed traction issues with the OEM Hankooks on just rainy streets, so, am quite sure the Hankooks would be awful in snow. Have always had flat spots on the Hankooks that disappear after a mile or so; I guess a car as heavy as the K900 can cause that with any brand. Discount Tire gave me a bid of $920.00 total out the door which seems pretty reasonable so will likely do that this week or next.
Thanks again, happy holidays and keep the updates coming on the Genesis!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page