Considering a 2020 K900 - Page 3 - Kia K900 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 Old 03-19-2020, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Well, any new car available for sale should also be available for lease, right?

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
post #22 of 29 Old 03-20-2020, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
JCS

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I guess I not going to be part of this group after all. I had my bags packed and was ready to head out the door to make the 10 hour drive to trade-in my 5 series for the K900, but the dealer was slow in getting back to me to confirm the numbers I had sent that morning as I wanted no surprises when I arrived. He finally called me to tell me they made a mistake and used two KIA incentives that were mutually exclusive, thus the price they were going to charge me was $4k higher than what they had quoted. I said no thanks and unpacked my bags. Certainly glad I am OCD and asked them to confirm their numbers one more time. I did have a written offer from them, so I guess I could have challenged them, but not worth the fight from 700 miles away.

Still interested in the car, but with everything around New York City locked down right now I have other things to worry about.
post #23 of 29 Old 03-20-2020, 09:52 PM

Sorry to hear that. I'm not yet in a K900 yet either, but I have the little brother, the Cadenza. I've been happy with it for almost two years, but every now and then I get the itch to move up. One of these days,...

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 Old 03-21-2020, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia-Driver View Post
Sorry to hear that. I'm not yet in a K900 yet either, but I have the little brother, the Cadenza. I've been happy with it for almost two years, but every now and then I get the itch to move up. One of these days,...
I do drive my 2019 K900 VIP for 14 month now and could not be happier, this is such an underrated car everyone on the ride with me wows this luxury and powerful car. I am going to keep this one for a long time. Paid close to 70k, half the price of a comparable 750i or S-class - only difference is, this car just needs maintenance, the others always need repair.
Dave H and Kia-Driver like this.
post #25 of 29 Old 03-24-2020, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Ah, don't give up JCS! Look at my user name--I lurked around here for about a year before the right one found me. Now I'm very happy with my K, named Big Dawg.

That dealer really did put on a display of incompetence, though. I can't help but think that was it, because it's too crude to be a sales tactic. Even the non-OCD would notice a 4K difference!
K900 Pilot likes this.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #26 of 29 Old 03-25-2020, 10:02 AM

JCS, after you said "No thanks" I'm surprised they didn't at least try to compromise, maybe meet you halfway.

Since they didn't, my bet is they had another buyer who was willing to pay a bit more.

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
post #27 of 29 Old 04-05-2020, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Have you made the buy?
post #28 of 29 Old 04-24-2020, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would not buy another one. We bought a new K900 one and a half years ago to go with our Equus, which we love. The dealers just do not know enough about them. Like some others I have seen post, if the car sits for longer than 3 days it will not start. It has been towed to the dealer numerous times and they have no clue. Somehow the battery just drains. We have tried locking the doors, storing keys far away, etc. There just aren’t enough of them out there for them to figure it out.
post #29 of 29 Old 09-17-2020, 10:23 AM
ken

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by promethus7 View Post
JCS, Yeah the Lexicon system is just alright in my opinion. The staging is great however you can clearly hear where they cut the frequency at. I attached an after market sub that I already had to see if that would fix the problem and it did not, it seems that the same frequencies are missing. All in all, defiantly not a deal breaker and it has started to sound better over time (I know that is just my ears compensating). Since there is no CD player, I can throw in a CD and see if it is a source issue. The only other complaints I have about the car are that the OEM tires are crap in snow (no surprise there), and the no auto start on the remote is a hassle. I'm sure I will soon have the same complaints if my Telluride ever get here (coming up on 6 months on the waiting list)

I also had 2 kids in the back of my Lexus GS and I got tired of them kicking the back of my chair and fighting to not ride in the back. That is a non-issue now. If I had to do it all over again, I would without doubt. Make the 600 mile trip, you will not be disappointed. If you come in from out of town "some" dealers will reimburse your hotel . SOME not most :-)
i dont agree on the stereo but everyone has an opinion on sound, we are playing such poor quality compressed files at pretty high levels and this thing rocks!! i am amazed at he soundstage part of it, really is immersive. the bottom line is that the music is so compressed you cant get perfect quality and the cleaner the stereo the more you can notice it. i do wish it had a cd player but i would probably never use it. at this point i think some of the Sirius stations sound the best.
Kia-Driver likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page