Cabin Air Filter - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-06-2018, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Default Cabin Air Filter

Ok, so I just took my RAM 1500 in for its first year service, and discovered something interesting from dealer service. They asked me if I wanted the Cabin air filter changed, since all filters need replacement pretty much annually in the desert. My response was "Oh, so it has a Cabin Filter, that's good to know!" My service guy said they charge $75, but it would be a lot cheaper if I just did it myself, since he saw that I had an aftermarket K&N air intake system, and figured I was worthy of the tip. So, ya, the replacement filter on Amazon is $11, and it takes maybe 2 minutes total time to replace it once you figure out where to find it, behind the glove box.

Anyway, I figured well, the K900 must also have a Cabin Air Filter, and I bet it has never been looked at. So a quick Youtube search, and sure enough it is pretty much the same deal as my truck. So I went and took a look at the existing one in my car, and guaranteed that it has never been touched since new. It was disgustingly dirty, full of bugs and crap.

So anyway, my service of the day is to let those of you know, who may not already know this, that you can find a replacement cabin air filter for your K900 for about $10 on Amazon, and it would probably be a good idea to check yours to see how dirty it is.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #2 of 3 Old 07-07-2018, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Good info! I will be checking mine.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-13-2018, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Nice. Thanks!
Iím on this tomorrow.