Buying advice - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 05-07-2021, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I guess, it depends on how much you are going to use the car. If you want to have a car just to go to work and back home, go shopping, etc, the mentioned car might be a good choice. But if you are going to travel on it, I would look for another vehicle with lower mileage. BTW, how did you check the condition? Did you address an independent mechanic? I do this before buying a car. Also, it is possible to check the vehicle history, VIN validation, rego info, stolen status info, etc. online. There is a great number of services. I personally used https://www.quickrevs.com.au/free-revs-check and was pleased with it.
post #12 of 16 Old 08-10-2021, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I have had my K900 V8 VIP since Oct 2014, bought new for cash. Still love it. 5 headlights replaced and dash replaced under warranty. Still like new. 82,000 miles.
K900 Pilot likes this.
post #13 of 16 Old 10-04-2021, 04:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z163324 View Post
I have had my K900 V8 VIP for three years in April or May. I bought it used with 30,000 miles from Carmax and as of today I have about 104,000 miles on it. Knock on wood mechanically the car has been sound, but the electronics are what will bankrupt you with this car without a warranty. I have a bumper to bumper extended warranty until 125,000 miles. I paid $2,000 for it. So far it has paid out over $14,000 in claims.

The headlights move when you turn the steering which sounds great right? So you have sealed headlights with plastic mechanical parts that move and you cannot repair them. Both have failed and each headlight costs $4,000 with $1,000 labor to replace them. You have to wait for them to be shipped here from Korea.

The next failure was the lane departure warning system camera failed and had to be replaced. That was $4,000 since they had to rip out the entire dash and headliner to replace the camera which also had to be shipped in from Korea.

What will fail next on my car is the power trunk. About 1/10 it will not open or stop opening; or stop closing or refuse to close. I'm sure that will be another $3,000-$5,000 in repairs.

The reason why I'm typing all of this is that I think I might have one of the highest mileage K900s that are posted on here and I really want you to know what you are getting into. It might seem like I hate the car, but I actually don't. I really enjoy it, great size, awesome on road trips, and still lets you keep an honest V8 in the world.

The service advisors at my dealer and I joke around about the suckers who are the 3rd, 4th, 5th owner because God help their pocketbooks. If you do continue on this path, do it with open eyes, a fat wallet, or the third option do what I'm doing; rocking the warranty until it expires, then buying a rear end collision K900 off Copart for a parts car and stripping the expensive bits off for when they inevitably fail.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Edit: If you're still going to buy one, for the love of God get GAP insurance on it.
😵*💫I’m dizzy… WOW!!! The Equus/G90 guys aren’t reporting these expenses OR are they?!

This is staggering!!!!

Last edited by The Ikon; 10-04-2021 at 04:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 10-04-2021, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hey in the last 10,000 Miles my AC went out and I that was another about $4,000. I had to pay $1300 out of pocket. Best part that just broke this weekend is my driver side door pocket that pops out. It is now held with gorilla tape until I can find a replacement that isn't the entire door card.
post #15 of 16 Old 10-04-2021, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifer View Post
I have had my K900 V8 VIP since Oct 2014, bought new for cash. Still love it. 5 headlights replaced and dash replaced under warranty. Still like new. 82,000 miles.
When was the dash replaced and was it because of the delaminating of the leather or was it something else?!

5 headlights…. Amazing! All had the same failure of what?
post #16 of 16 Old 10-06-2021, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

The reason for the failure is the LED headlights use plastic gears to move them up, down, left, and right. So after time sitting in the sun, coupled with potholes and road vibrations the gears break and they aim down.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page