Any issues putting 18's on my 2015 V8 K900? How much will it improve ride quality? - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-10-2021, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Any issues putting 18's on my 2015 V8 K900? How much will it improve ride quality?

I mentioned in another thread issues with tires. I've fixed those up now and am happy with that issue. What I'm still not happy about is ride quality. Car doesn't take bumps well. I have 2015 K900 VIP V8 with 19 inch wheels. I've had the dealership check my car up and down and there are no issues.

I'm told from car experts that going down in size will help with ride quality. I know the V6 K900 has the same sized 18s all the way around.

1.) Can I sub out my wheels for 18s? And I can just use the same tire all the way around like the V6 version does?

2.) Will this dramatically improve my ride quality? I don't want to go through all of this (cost will be $1600-2000 to sub out 4 wheels and 4 new tires) if I don't get dramatic improvement.

Thanks!
post #2 of 2 Old 03-14-2021, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)

I haven't made any tire experiments with mine, pappy97, so I can't address that . I have the 19"s that came on my car.

I do agree with you that the ride quality is not up to what you expect from this class of car--much too harsh. It's not nearly as good as my old Town Car, for instance.

Just in case you don't know, the car was made available with air suspension most everywhere it was sold except the US and Canada. I figure, myself, that's the reason for the poor ride. The suspension they cobbled up for this market is just not quite up to the job, and I'm not at all confident different tires would change it.

However, that's just my opinion. If you decide to make the swap, let us know how it goes.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page