1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 02-18-2019, 05:20 PM
waz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

Khoop: So when do you pick up yo car, homie?

I'm looking at buying a 2014 Equus Ultimate with 51000 miles to replace my '15 Genesis sedan now that my 3 year lease is up.

The car has had one owner and looks brand new (in pictures at least - I haven't seen it in person yet) and he wants $23700. The owner says it has a transferable warranty to 135,000 miles.

Do you mind divulging what you're paying for yours? That will help me decide how much I should offer for the car when I look at it this weekend.
post #12 of 19 Old 02-18-2019, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoop2112 View Post
I've never tried a Pirelli or Continental tire before - Michelins have performed great for me but short tread life, at least with my Lexus. I have a feeling the K900 will be so quiet a little road noise won't be bad - I'm hoping to get a little better cornering from my tire selection.
Here's the consideration: if your 1st experience w/ the K900 is on Michelin Pilot Sport, you'd be fine and content as there is no reference. I came from the Hankook Optimus which were quieter and was slightly, but only slightly (because the Hankooks really suck in all other aspects; just the mildest dampness on the road would send the rear spinning sideways, very unsettling) upset at the Michelin's being louder. If I were doing it all over again I'd try the Conti.
post #13 of 19 Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdude View Post
Here's the consideration: if your 1st experience w/ the K900 is on Michelin Pilot Sport, you'd be fine and content as there is no reference. I came from the Hankook Optimus which were quieter and was slightly, but only slightly (because the Hankooks really suck in all other aspects; just the mildest dampness on the road would send the rear spinning sideways, very unsettling) upset at the Michelin's being louder. If I were doing it all over again I'd try the Conti.
So the Hankooks are really that bad? I've never tried a Conti or Pirelli before, but know the Michelin's handle great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 Old 02-18-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waz View Post
Khoop: So when do you pick up yo car, homie?

I'm looking at buying a 2014 Equus Ultimate with 51000 miles to replace my '15 Genesis sedan now that my 3 year lease is up.

The car has had one owner and looks brand new (in pictures at least - I haven't seen it in person yet) and he wants $23700. The owner says it has a transferable warranty to 135,000 miles.

Do you mind divulging what you're paying for yours? That will help me decide how much I should offer for the car when I look at it this weekend.
Around $19k and it was a great deal.
post #15 of 19 Old 02-18-2019, 11:45 PM
waz

Garage

$19k for a VIP? Dayum, that is a steal!
post #16 of 19 Old 02-19-2019, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waz View Post
$19k for a VIP? Dayum, that is a steal!
Yeah the prices are dropping, and I think for a few reasons. Most of the 2015 K900s are starting to lose their warranty, based on the date of sale. Also, we all know it's a sleeper car, and this one was in Omaha, NE in the middle of winter. Last few weeks it's been brutally cold and snowing, so that doesn't get you much foot traffic.

I was deciding between that one, and one in Vegas that had similar time left on warranty, 7k less miles, new tires, but after shipping it was $2500 more. The previous owner had changed the badges as well, and I don't mind the Kia ones. Plus I'd have to hire another independent inspector to check it over.

For the one I purchased, I had an independent inspector check it over, and said it looked amazing, and was clearly garaged most of the time. Has a few rock chips on the rear bumper but other than that it looks perfect. I'm SO excited. Tires aren't new, but I want great tires, so I didn't care.

k
post #17 of 19 Old 05-05-2019, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just filled out a finance application for a 2015 K900 Premium. It's white with the white and black interior. Has 34,000 miles on it.
post #18 of 19 Old 05-05-2019, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Sounds nice--I love the white interior! Let us know how it goes.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #19 of 19 Old 08-07-2019, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just purchased a 2015 K900 VIP+ from Moritz Kia in Hurst Tx with 67K miles. I was intially looking for a newer car and 8 to 18K miles. I owned the 2015 Cadenza Limited and a Genesis G80 Technology. This K900 was out of my price range for a while till now. 20K plus they gave me the Extended Warranty and Gap Coverage free.

Here is the best part (The whole reason I was anywhere okay buying a car with 67K miles)...

The Moritz Promise is a Lifetime Warranty on the Drivetrain and Transmission (Does not cover seals) through EFG Warranty Services. The dealership hands the customer the warranty on any used car under 100K miles.

Last edited by Carl3208; 08-07-2019 at 06:18 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page