Almost bought a used K900 today, but... - Kia K900 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 02-08-2019, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Almost bought a used K900 today, but...

2015 K900 VIP. 46k miles, still with 11 months of factory warranty. Purchasing out of state, so the dealership required me hiring an independent inspector.

Inspector found a very strong vibration at 45 mph and above and recommended I don't purchase until they fix. Car was in an accident in 2016 (on Carfax) but inspector said that looked to be repaired well and didn't see any structural issues. I'm hoping it's something simple like out of balance tires but we'll see..

For now, I'm a little relieved and sad.

Kent
post #2 of 21 Old 02-10-2019, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoop2112 View Post
2015 K900 VIP. 46k miles, still with 11 months of factory warranty. Purchasing out of state, so the dealership required me hiring an independent inspector.

Inspector found a very strong vibration at 45 mph and above and recommended I don't purchase until they fix. Car was in an accident in 2016 (on Carfax) but inspector said that looked to be repaired well and didn't see any structural issues. I'm hoping it's something simple like out of balance tires but we'll see..

For now, I'm a little relieved and sad.

Kent
Hope its minor and everything will work out fine with this car, please let us know.
post #3 of 21 Old 02-11-2019, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Interesting that they actually made you get an independent inspector. Many dealers are not so good with that.

Of course, it's a CYA move, but it seems like an honest one.

Relieved and sad! Yes, I've had that. Cars, like other love objects, can certainly break your heart.

Keep us posted!

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 02-16-2019, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Well, looks like I'm in the club.

Put a deposit down on a 2015 K900 Luxury VIP with 51k miles. Silver/Black. Still has 11 months factory warranty, and had an independent inspector look it over and he said it was beautiful.

Probably won't have it for a week or so as it's out of town, but soon enough I'll have it!

- Kent
TurboD16 likes this.
post #5 of 21 Old 02-17-2019, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Awesome! Let us know when you get it.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #6 of 21 Old 02-17-2019, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Congrats! This car drives like nothing else. I love that its laid back and sooooo comfortable. I drive race cars, and super cars, but I love to daily my K900.

2015 K900 Black/Black Base
post #7 of 21 Old 02-18-2019, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

I'm really looking forward to it. The old 2004 Lexus LS430 (sport suspension) drives amazing, but the interior is trashed and my son is purchasing it from me. The K900 I'm getting has the standard Hankook tires with about 6/32" tread left, but what I really want is to get Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 plus on it - I had those on my Lexus and it made the handling SO much better. I'll probably drive it for a while before I make the switch.
post #8 of 21 Old 02-18-2019, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I've the Pilot Sport and am liking them; except for the bad experience at Costco (they bang on the chrome rims so much it flaked off some pieces). I know it's them because they weren't there before. Filed a complaint but Costco made me go thru' the hoops (numerous pic requests and multiple correspondents then just denied everything).

One other observation about Michelin tires, they somehow sound slightly louder (more road impact noise) than those Hankook Optimus; though the latter are certifiably worse in all other aspects other than price...
post #9 of 21 Old 02-18-2019, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdude View Post
I've the Pilot Sport and am liking them; except for the bad experience at Costco (they bang on the chrome rims so much it flaked off some pieces). I know it's them because they weren't there before. Filed a complaint but Costco made me go thru' the hoops (numerous pic requests and multiple correspondents then just denied everything).

One other observation about Michelin tires, they somehow sound slightly louder (more road impact noise) than those Hankook Optimus; though the latter are certifiably worse in all other aspects other than price...
From what I've seen in reviews, the Michelin's have a bit more tread growl than some other makes. I've got a 2019 K900 and it came with the Michelin Primacy MXM4's as stock. They're an okay tire but clearly in lower grand touring segment and not in the ultra high performance all season segment. Eventually I'd like to replace them and will likely pick between the Pirelli PZero Plus or the Continental ExtremContact DWS 06.

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #10 of 21 Old 02-18-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
From what I've seen in reviews, the Michelin's have a bit more tread growl than some other makes. I've got a 2019 K900 and it came with the Michelin Primacy MXM4's as stock. They're an okay tire but clearly in lower grand touring segment and not in the ultra high performance all season segment. Eventually I'd like to replace them and will likely pick between the Pirelli PZero Plus or the Continental ExtremContact DWS 06.
I've never tried a Pirelli or Continental tire before - Michelins have performed great for me but short tread life, at least with my Lexus. I have a feeling the K900 will be so quiet a little road noise won't be bad - I'm hoping to get a little better cornering from my tire selection.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page