After Market Warranty. - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-13-2020, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default After Market Warranty.

Anybody have experience with aftermarket warranty companies? Company names and prices? My warranty runs out the end of July.
2015 VIP.
post #2 of 5 Old 06-14-2020, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazuna View Post
Anybody have experience with aftermarket warranty companies? Company names and prices? My warranty runs out the end of July.
2015 VIP.

I bought my 2015 K900 in March with 39,700 and the factory warranty ends this year also. The dealer offered me an extended service contract through Fidelity. I went with their Platinum protection plan for 6 years/72k miles with $100 deductible for $2863. Fidelity is the same company that Kia goes through for their Kia-branded extended protection plan, so I felt confident with the purchase. Also, through my searching about Fidelity warranties found a user on Reddit (ShawnShipsCars) that was a service advisor at Toyota, Honda, and Infiniti. I shot him a message asking if it was a fair price and he said it looked pretty good to him. He made it sound like Fidelity was a great extended protection plan to work with from a dealer/shop perspective too. You have to be careful, not all shops will accept all extended protection plans.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-15-2020, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks for your input. I see on the Fidelity website that "Sealed Beams" aren't covered. Like everyone else I have a major concern about headlight failure. Do you know if they are covered?
Thanks again for your input. I'm going to give them a call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-16-2020, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazuna View Post
Thanks for your input. I see on the Fidelity website that "Sealed Beams" aren't covered. Like everyone else I have a major concern about headlight failure. Do you know if they are covered?
Thanks again for your input. I'm going to give them a call.

Sealed beams are not what our cars have, in fact there are very few vehicles being sold these days with sealed beam lights. I called before I bought my warranty and asked specifically about headlights and they said they were covered.

Last edited by vvet; 06-16-2020 at 10:47 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-18-2020, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I get third-party calls almost every day offering me a warranty. I explain my car is a KIA K900 and they ask "What is that?" I say it is a Korean car. "We don't cover foreign cars." Click

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page