2019 Kia K900 Video with full info - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 04-15-2018, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Agree w/ Gene and K9Intender: play nice.

Turbo V6 vs V8: my take is not on which one is faster 0-60 but the general trend in automakers shying away from V8s. Think this has to do w/ fuel efficiency (or at least the optics of it) and increasingly strict emission standards. The flame-throwing (just kidding) part of my argument is the engine sound. Excluding the effects of muffling, NA engines sound the best (air-cooled in particular)!

Regarding Kia K900 marketing in the US:
1) There was never any question K900 is a great car. The challenge is marketing hi-end autos in a mass-market shop. The impact is not just on K900. Care to count how many Cadenzas you see on the road?
2) After the initial euphoria, dealers may be reluctant to stock K900s since they're not selling and thus put a drag on floor plan financing. And then spiral goes down from there. No inventory = no buyer interest (after net-browsing, potential buyers wants to go to showroom to feel/touch the car; and no car = no sale prospect).
3) Kia may not care how much the K900 sales in the US; since the main battle is fought in Europe and Asia for this car. Worst case this becomes a halo for Kia in North America. Kia will simply coerce US dealers (more precisely the selected few eligible to sell K900s) into ordering for showroom and there aren't much dealers can do. So the dealers will play nice and each order 1 at most 2.
4) I suppose somewhere along the line Kia did a cost/benefit and include it is not worth the investment of a premium channel like Hyundai did w/ Genesis. This Genesis experiment is still out. While I see quite a few G80, the truly hi-end G90s are still a rare sight, albeit not as rare as K900. I think the Genesis bet will ultimately become successful. It just needs a full line of automobiles (small-mid-fullsize sedans and SUVs, w/ a 2-door premium thrown in).
5) How to resolve the problem that Hyundai/Genesis/Kia have poor resale values, now, that's the big question...
post #12 of 18 Old 04-15-2018, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
Me, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect '16 or '17.
Hope your days of "intending" will soon come to an end...

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=202163091
post #13 of 18 Old 04-16-2018, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

You are right about the lack of Cadenzas! I hadn't paid any attention until I got interested in the K900, but since then I've had an eye open for Kias and I've been surprised at how few Cadenzas there are around. Of course, the whole midsize sedan segment is declining, and apparently even the new Accord is not doing so well.

Accord Sales Are Declining, so Honda Figures You Might Like a Cheaper Lease - The Truth About Cars

I don't think Kia is putting up much of a fight in the European large sedan market. I was just there recently and didn't see any evidence for K9/K900s at all, although I did see some ads for the Stinger (but no actual cars).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 04-16-2018, 01:12 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Well, that car checks most of my boxes, mdude--white/white, VIP option, CPO, good miles, decent price--but it's a '15 and I've decided on a '16 or '17. I want the autonomous braking, touch screen, and paddle shifters.

I realize I've put myself into a tricky box here. With over 3,000 '15s on the road, it's easy to get one. There were only about 1200 total for the next two model years, so they're rare, and one meeting my requirements is likely to be rarer still. But I'm willing to be patient.
post #15 of 18 Old 05-15-2018, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I like the look of the new car, typically don't go for something this large but if they keep the price close to the Stinger and offer similar lease deals as the current gen K900, I might just forgo a Stinger. David, you are all over in the KIA forums! Good to see you here!
post #16 of 18 Old 05-15-2018, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynerm02 View Post
I like the look of the new car, typically don't go for something this large but if they keep the price close to the Stinger and offer similar lease deals as the current gen K900, I might just forgo a Stinger. David, you are all over in the KIA forums! Good to see you here!
Hey there, glad to see you over here on this forum as well.

Click below to view all of the products we carry for the Kia K900:

Kia K900 Product Collection - K5 Optima Store
post #17 of 18 Old 09-21-2018, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

We owned a Tesla, lost it to Hurricane Harvey - great car but I think the future is Hydrogen fuel cells or more hybrids. Combustible engines are the norm because of gas stations. When charging stations are everywhere then you will have real change. But I digress - these arguments are moot. The K900 is KIA's attempt to change hearts and minds. Brand, brand, brand. I remember when I was told that we would buy a 25K Toyota called Lexus and I laughed. I literally laughed. Boy was I wrong.
post #18 of 18 Old 09-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage

I leased a 2018 Genesis G90 with the 5.0 V-8. I test drove the V-6tt, and have a friend who owns one with the V-6tt.
Sorry guys but unless you chip tune the V-6 it does not beat the V-8. 0-60 it is almost as fast due to the early torque,
But from there on up no compresence V-8 is just better.
This is the same V-6tt that is in the K900.
I will admit I would have leased a V-6tt if it had the same equipment in the rear seat as the V-8.
My friend and I have kept track of our MPG, with about the same driving habits( nothing is exact) close to the same
driving pattern, as to city and highway. He has .4 mpg better than I do, so forget gas savings with the V-6tt
But then too v-8 vs v-6tt is subjective and goes more to preference than anything else. Seems to me the biggest
difference to what we like is our age.
joelischynski likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page