3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 04-05-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Red face 2019 Kia K900 Video with full info

Watched this video and KIA seems to plan to make this car in a bit of a performance luxury car, targeting Audi and BMW again!

They touted the car having a perfect 50/50 weight distribution, torque vectoring, electronically adjustable suspension and handling to go up against the Germans with a luxury cabin.

Looking at it, I now understand why it wasn't as long as a G90, seems they are going for 7 Series Short Wheel Base setup to give you some sportiness with the luxury.

**** KIA, you guys are going straight to the big dogs and taunting them! LOL Although I will say, with the advancement of electric vehicles, this, unfortunately, is already outdated.

Still very nice nonetheless!

https://youtu.be/YL_vLKHSyPQ

Click below to view all of the products we carry for the Kia K900:

Kia K900 Product Collection - K5 Optima Store
post #2 of 18 Old 04-05-2018, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Thanks for posting this. I like the interior of the new K900, but I'm not fond of the new exterior look. That and the fact that Kia decided to replace the V8 with a twin turbo six also means I won't be looking to replace my 2015 any time soon.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-05-2018, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Thanks for posting this. I like the interior of the new K900, but I'm not fond of the new exterior look. That and the fact that Kia decided to replace the V8 with a twin turbo six also means I won't be looking to replace my 2015 any time soon.
Welcome, I think the exact opposite though, love the way the exterior looks, and am really excited that they added turbos.

The twin-turbo V6 will be much much faster than the V8, and opens the market for aftermarket tuning.

I can tell you now that the LAP3 Uncle Chip Tune we sell will make between 75-82 hp just by plugging it in. (Same as the Stinger)

Although I have no interest in getting another K900, my 2015 was a boat and my old 2012 Kia Optima was faster 0-60.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 04-07-2018, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Misc rumblings:
1) Pano roof? Hope Kia will bring that and the one on the video is just a pre-production...
2) So long as the sporty handling doesn't interfere with the existing car's land-yacht ride, I'm all for it.
3) K900 doesn't sell well in North America due in no small part to having no separate luxury batch AND dealership. Can this new car, impressive as it is, cure this flaw? I'm cheering from the sidelines but am afraid one can't fight the laws of luxury car marketing.
post #5 of 18 Old 04-12-2018, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
The twin-turbo V6 will be much much faster than the V8.
Turbos are no replacement for Displacement. A V6 will never be better than a V8. You have to tune that V6 just to make it compare to the stock V8. Why not just tune the V8 in the first place and be done with it properly?

Quote:
Although I have no interest in getting another K900, my 2015 was a boat and my old 2012 Kia Optima was faster 0-60.
Seems you have an Optima bias. A 2015 K900 V8 0-60 is 5.5 seconds. The fastest 2012 Optima is the turbo 4 banger that could only reach 0-60 in 6.4 seconds.

Bottom line: V8 still rules. (until gas goes back up to $5)

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #6 of 18 Old 04-12-2018, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelischynski View Post
Turbos are no replacement for Displacement. A V6 will never be better than a V8. You have to tune that V6 just to make it compare to the stock V8. Why not just tune the V8 in the first place and be done with it properly?

Seems you have an Optima bias. A 2015 K900 V8 0-60 is 5.5 seconds. The fastest 2012 Optima is the turbo 4 banger that could only reach 0-60 in 6.4 seconds.

Bottom line: V8 still rules. (until gas goes back up to $5)
LMAO I think you might be confused.

That is an old saying from the 80's-90's regarding displacement, however, times have changed.

Why not tune a V8 in the first place? Well simple actually, it uses more gas, puts out more pollution, and way more power advantages with a TT V6 setup, than a NA V8 engine.

A twin turbo V6 engine with a simple plug & play tuning chip like the one we sell, will take the V6 TT 3.3 Stinger motor to over 400hp and 0-60 in less than 4 seconds.

LOL that is hilarious, I have no bias for an Optima, I drive a Tesla P100D, which uses no gas, has no engine or transmission, and is 0-60 in 2.8-2.9 seconds.

The real bottom line, is moving forward 10 years from now, all ICE vehicles will be out the door, and replaced by 100% electric vehicles.

post #7 of 18 Old 04-14-2018, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Tesla. Yes that was predictable. Why are you even on this forum, bashing the K900? It doesnít seem like a good way to promote your sales website. Keep your pompous bragging to the electric forums.

You are still comparing a Twin Turbo V6 to a naturally aspirated V8. Itís probably going to cost more in the end anyway. If Iím going that route, it would be a Twin Turbo V8 then.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #8 of 18 Old 04-14-2018, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelischynski View Post
Tesla. Yes that was predictable. Why are you even on this forum, bashing the K900? It doesn’t seem like a good way to promote your sales website. Keep your pompous bragging to the electric forums.

You are still comparing a Twin Turbo V6 to a naturally aspirated V8. It’s probably going to cost more in the end anyway. If I’m going that route, it would be a Twin Turbo V8 then.
Sounds like someone's getting upset just from having a healthy conversation where someone shares a difference of opinion with you. Not once did I ever bash the K900, you are confused yet again.

Furthermore, I have been on this forum since it was created as I was an owner of a 2015 Kia K900 myself. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean that I'm bashing the car, and there was no pompous bragging. I am just stating facts since you seem to want to debate the topic.

I'm the one that created this thread sharing the information with the community and you chose to challenge and argue that a V8 engine was better even though I owned the V8 5.0 liter engine and it was slow and heavy like a boat. The new Kia K900 model coming out will outrival the old V8 model in every way. I'm sorry you disagree and had to turn around and make this into a personal an attack against me, instead of having a healthy conversation and debate about it.

I'm a member of this forum just like you are and have the right to share my opinion just as much as you do, regardless of whether or not I work as a vendor selling products to the community as well.

Try and have a better day!

post #9 of 18 Old 04-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage

K5 Optima Store has been a supporting member and parts supplier since the inception of this forum.
They have carried all sorts of parts and supplies for the Optima, Cadenza and the K900. Without
people like them we may not even have a forum.
I have had an Optima, a Cadenza, and a K900. Right know I drive a Genesis G90. After the
new model K900 is a year old I may buy a used CPO, So try and stay updated myself.
K5 optima had one of the coolest looking blue wrap cars we have seen.
Play nice guys, everyone is welcome here
K5 Optima Store and mdude like this.

Last edited by Gene; 04-14-2018 at 08:25 PM.
post #10 of 18 Old 04-15-2018, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

I'm with Gene that everybody should play nice, here and everywhere.

Regarding engines, though, I agree with joelischynski. In my opinion, a nice stout NA V8, turning some easy low revs, gives a smoother, quieter response than any turbo mill, and will be less of a maintenance headache in the long run. A few 10ths of a second 0-60, either way, will never be noticeable in real-world driving.

That said, given the conspicuous lack of sales success the previous car had, you can see why Kia felt they had nothing to lose by trying something new. I also suspect that word coming down from corporate headquarters may have played a role--pushing the K900 back to six cylinders opens up more daylight between it and the new Genesis brand.

Me, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect '16 or '17.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page