2015 K900 A/V Nav System Glitch - Kia K900 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-03-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default 2015 K900 A/V Nav System Glitch

I have a 2015 K900 That has a weird glitch in the A/V Nav system. Every once and a while the system just shuts down and reboots. Its not a repeatable thing but its getting worse. Have contacted the dealership, but my A/V system is out of warranty ( 3 years, 36000 miles ). They told me to push the reset button by the CD player, but that's what it does when it decides to freak out already. Didn't help much. I can find the components on the web to fix it myself, but what part is failing? is it the amp, or the CD player, or is it the screen that's going bad?
It also shows an error screen like windows on the very bottom. Please advise someone.
post #2 of 12 Old 03-04-2019, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

You may want to take a look at this TSB https://kia.oemdtc.com/TSB/2014-071.pdf and see if your versions match up and have the dealership flash your AVN.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage

Have you tried calling customer service?
If the TSB was never performed on your vehicle
they may have a dealer do the update even if it
is out of warranty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-05-2019, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtrsh View Post
I have a 2015 K900 That has a weird glitch in the A/V Nav system. Every once and a while the system just shuts down and reboots. Its not a repeatable thing but its getting worse. Have contacted the dealership, but my A/V system is out of warranty ( 3 years, 36000 miles ). They told me to push the reset button by the CD player, but that's what it does when it decides to freak out already. Didn't help much. I can find the components on the web to fix it myself, but what part is failing? is it the amp, or the CD player, or is it the screen that's going bad?
It also shows an error screen like windows on the very bottom. Please advise someone.
Mine has the same issue. The dealer is working on updating their software to be able to do the TSB. Mine is TSB ELE122. Look into having them take care of it for you. mine shows an "application error" before the restarts

2015 K900 Black/Black Base
post #5 of 12 Old 03-05-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks you guys!
So far, the dealer is clueless. Their resolve is, bring it in and we will look at it.
Kia USA answers the problem with, we don't have any bulletins like that.
BUT, i'm working g on it.

Stay tuned for more.
post #6 of 12 Old 03-06-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtrsh View Post
Thanks you guys!
So far, the dealer is clueless. Their resolve is, bring it in and we will look at it.
Kia USA answers the problem with, we don't have any bulletins like that.
BUT, i'm working g on it.

Stay tuned for more.
I had to find the bulletin for them, and then they could help. Seems like they didn't want to try to help, except offering to swap out the head unit ($4500+).
They initially said they would do the reflash for free since I was within miles, but not years, but now they want to charge me $70 which is worth it, but I won't know final price until after Sat. when my appt is. Good luck

post #7 of 12 Old 03-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage

call customer service and ask that the update be done for free. They can be pretty good to deal with.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-10-2019, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

My 2015's AC died and they fixed it, but car was within warranty. Before it died it displayed similar symptoms "Every once and a while the system just shuts down and reboots. Its not a repeatable thing but its getting worse."

I'm not aware AC is only 3yr 36k. My initial response is "says who"? Kia's bumper-bumper is 5yr 60k.

I'd second what Gene said. $70 is fine but you shouldn't have to fork out 3-4 figures for repairs of non-wear-tear items is the car is still under warranty.
post #9 of 12 Old 03-11-2019, 04:28 PM

Agreed. It ended up being $77 after tax, which was a half hour of labor. Seemed fair. Been a few days and no issues. It also added HD radio feature it didn't have before, so now radio stations come in far clearer, which I am a huge fan of lol. Well worth the money, but it did piss me off when they said it needed a new head unit and wouldn't be covered. Made me think they really wanted to treat me like a Mercedes/BMW owner, and forgot about their own warranty which is a selling point. Since they upgraded it with software and so far the problem hasn't come back, I am happy. If you are having the issue, I would highly recommend it.
Software version before flash:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ECpcXpHWYFiBv1ay7
After flash:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XdxDusvecwowvFS76

post #10 of 12 Old 03-11-2019, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Okay;
After over two hours at the dealer my AV/NAV is fixed, I guess. The TSB from 2014 is outdated. But, only the mechanic knew what to do. Even the service manager was clueless. as it turns out there is a TSB ELE-122 that flashes a 2016 version.
Got it warrantied and we are good to go. For now.
TurboD16 likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page