one that seriously interests me - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-09-2018, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Default one that seriously interests me

This checks a lot of my boxes--'16, white leather, all the options, and LOOK at those miles!!

I wish it were white outside, but you can't have everything.

https://www.carmax.com/car/15859832
post #2 of 12 Old 05-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage

How much are they asking? Could be a nice find.
Nice car, (Arizona) they may be trading because
black cars can get hot quick in this state
post #3 of 12 Old 05-09-2018, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

White interior and only 3k miles? Depending on the price, I'd be on it if I was looking for a K900.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-09-2018, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

They were asking $33,000, and CarMax doesn't haggle, so that's pretty much it. I thought it was a fair price, though.

I tried to get it sent to my local store, but before they could do the paperwork they got told it was already sold. I think that proves it was an exceptional deal--it was just too good to last.

They told me if that deal falls through, I'd be next in line, but I'm not depending on that.

So, I'm still a mere Intender! (Wipes away tear...)
post #5 of 12 Old 05-10-2018, 12:46 PM

That does sound like it was a great deal. Sorry you missed that one. Hopefully your patience will pay off soon!
post #6 of 12 Old 05-24-2018, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

News! This one turned up back on the CarMax site. This time I was the first caller, and it's now on its way to my local CarMax for inspection.

So, now paranoia sets in. Why did it come back? Maybe the financing fell thru? CarMax has a decent return policy--wonder if the previous buyer just didn't like it? Or found something seriously wrong (gulp)?

This is also the one with basically zero history on AutoCheck or Carfax. It's like it fell from the sky. And why does a '16 only have 3,000 miles?

Well, my mechanic has promised to go with me to see it when it arrives. We shall see what we shall see...
post #7 of 12 Old 05-24-2018, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
News! This one turned up back on the CarMax site. This time I was the first caller, and it's now on its way to my local CarMax for inspection.

So, now paranoia sets in. Why did it come back? Maybe the financing fell thru? CarMax has a decent return policy--wonder if the previous buyer just didn't like it? Or found something seriously wrong (gulp)?

This is also the one with basically zero history on AutoCheck or Carfax. It's like it fell from the sky. And why does a '16 only have 3,000 miles?

Well, my mechanic has promised to go with me to see it when it arrives. We shall see what we shall see...
wow; how cool. some things can just be meant to be; fingers crossed on the inspection and hope it meets expectations. do you know if it was ever titled to the second buyer; or, did it not reach that stage? All kinds of valid reasons a sale didn't go through; if it was titled to a second owner but now back with Carmax I'd try to get as much info as you can. I think Carmax has a pretty good reputation these days to my knowledge so doubt anything funny happened.

you will like the black and white; white on white is also great, but, this one looks terrific.

good luck!
post #8 of 12 Old 05-25-2018, 02:00 PM

Good luck, maybe this is the one! As for why a '16 would only have 3k miles on it, When I bought my 2015, it only had 1600 miles on it. Turns out it was a press car. It had been loaned out to auto journalists for a while, then sold by Kia to a Kia dealer in Washington, then sold to me. Yours may be something similar, or it could have been sold to someone who just doesn't drive very much. Keep us informed about how it goes.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-25-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the good wishes, guys! And a very good point about that second owner's title, Dave--I'll definitely be asking.

I really think the story could be much like your car, Zathras. Although the Carfax doesn't have much info, it does say "Listed as a manufacturer vehicle" when it went to auction. I'm really thinking it might have come from the Kia North American Headquarters in Irvine, CA. How did you find out the history on yours?
post #10 of 12 Old 05-26-2018, 01:53 PM

The dealer told me when I asked about why it only had 1600 miles. I also found expired insurance documents for Kia Corporate and informational documents addressed to journalists regarding what to do in the event the car broke down or was damaged in an accident, etc. in the glove box.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page