Would you buy a V8 powered Kia Quoris/K9? - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

At least Kia should maybe come out with a performance line and throw in the V8. More options is better suit for consumers but in this segment some might demand more power. Although most manufacturers are using less cylinder engine and combining them with turbochargers for both performance and efficiency. I think there are still die hard v8 fans that don't mind spending the extra buck for fuel.
post #12 of 24 Old 04-15-2013, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A performance line would be nice But I don't think Kia has established a reputation for luxury vehicles yet and in order to get the attention for segment they need to get some numbers in before that happens. The Quoris and the Cadenza will be its bread and butter for now and we just have to wait till these hit the U.S. and watch for the year end sales report to determine their fate.
post #13 of 24 Old 04-15-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganmayes View Post
A performance line would be nice But I don't think Kia has established a reputation for luxury vehicles yet and in order to get the attention for segment they need to get some numbers in before that happens. The Quoris and the Cadenza will be its bread and butter for now and we just have to wait till these hit the U.S. and watch for the year end sales report to determine their fate.
Exactly! They have a long way to go, they just can't just jump in the ring cause they think they can box. They need to have some proof that people really want this, that there is a market for a powerful Kia luxury sedan. Cars like the RLX already make it seem as if there is a demand, but even the RLX is doing poorly. Seems like Acura just keeps the RL going just to cater to it's small crowd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM

LMFAO! KIA looking at ACURA, He knows I can box!

I have high hopes in the Quoris to do wheel in the american market, once the consumers here realize how much they are getting for the price compare to the RLX they would make the change. I mean lets consider that Acura has an established reliability status but that doesn't change the price of the vehicle people are willing to pay less for more. The quoris' design itself has the RLX beat.
post #15 of 24 Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 PM

Depending on how Kia will be pricing the Quoris that would be one of the factors that can change a lot of things. Comparing to the Acura RLX that starts at a shy of $50,000 If the Kia wants to do well with the Quoris they will have to be competitive in price.

post #16 of 24 Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM

Until we know the actual price of the KIA Quoris I think we just have to sit on it for now. i wouldn't be surprised though if KIA tries to price the Quoris to be more than or close to the Acura RLX.
post #17 of 24 Old 07-12-2013, 12:12 PM

It would likely compete better with the Equus if it came with a V8. It would probably also be priced closer. Which wouldn't make as much sense.
post #18 of 24 Old 07-13-2013, 08:25 AM
alu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganmayes View Post
Until we know the actual price of the KIA Quoris I think we just have to sit on it for now. i wouldn't be surprised though if KIA tries to price the Quoris to be more than or close to the Acura RLX.
Why so many talk about Acura RL? It is not popular and neither big player in luxury segment at all. Quoris will be around $50K -$60k in US next year
post #19 of 24 Old 07-13-2013, 08:44 AM
alu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbert View Post
I will be taking both for a test drive. I'm thinking the V6 offers enough power but there is something about driving a V8 that is awe inspiring. Cost will make the biggest difference in my book. How much do you guys think the V8 will cost over it's V6 counterpart?
You don't need to wait for Quoris to feel difference between v6 and v8... Drive any v8 and you never feel the same in v6 ...even turbo charged .... The same with v4 and v6 ....you never feel the same...even v4 is turbo charged....I can tell it for sure as owned all of them v4 up to 190hp, v4 turbo 274hp, v6 240hp, v6 293 hp, v8 290hp and drove v12 twin turbo 493hp.
So it's not about hp but how different vibration and effort v4, v6 and v8 gave for acceleration... V8 is always effortless unless you push it all the way down :-))
You definitely will love v8 ... I'm pretty sure that's what they will sale in US for Quoris... As i own Cadenza with v6 (293hp) and it will be not enough for Quoris to move on

Last edited by alu; 07-13-2013 at 08:47 AM.
post #20 of 24 Old 07-16-2013, 11:52 AM

anyone who wants to get a feel for what the V8 Quoris could of been like, just test drive any V8 Lexus LS and you'll get an idea.
I know if Kia built a V8 sedan it would drive sort of like a Lexus LS.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page