Would you buy a V8 powered Kia Quoris/K9? - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Would you buy a V8 powered Kia Quoris/K9?

As you guys know the Kia Quoris comes with a V6 engine, which is the biggest engine it comes with. A vehicle of this size can be better with a V8, more torque, more straight line fun and just a sportier ride.

Although a V8 would get worse gas mileage than a V6, some people are willing to spend the extra money every time they fill up just to have the V8, and that may be the case with some members here. I know it is with me!

So with that said would you guys want a V8 Kia Quoris?
post #2 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 12:21 PM

The 3.8L V6 already puts out 300HP which is enough, at 3.8L it's already getting close to the size of a V8 engine. At this point if there's anything more I can ask of Kia is a turbo for the 3.8L V6 to bring it up to 350HP.
post #3 of 21 Old 03-20-2013, 03:54 PM

its not a bad idea to have a V8 powered Quoris they can save it for the performance line. I mean if you look at the other competitors in the segment although not specifically competing against the Quoris but they do have v8s like the bmw M3, inifiniti M45. And dont forget how heavy the Quoris is a little more torque can actually help the quoris go faster.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 03-21-2013, 11:03 AM

I will be taking both for a test drive. I'm thinking the V6 offers enough power but there is something about driving a V8 that is awe inspiring. Cost will make the biggest difference in my book. How much do you guys think the V8 will cost over it's V6 counterpart?
post #5 of 21 Old 03-21-2013, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbert View Post
I will be taking both for a test drive. I'm thinking the V6 offers enough power but there is something about driving a V8 that is awe inspiring. Cost will make the biggest difference in my book. How much do you guys think the V8 will cost over it's V6 counterpart?
I can't see it being more than $7000-8000. That's with the cost of a different automatic style transmission, DCT maybe?

It would help with gas mileage and even performance to some point.
post #6 of 21 Old 03-22-2013, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think they can manage to add in a DCT transmission. Hyundai which is the sister brand has added in a DCT transmission to Hyundai veloster. I couldn't see why they would be able to add one in. Hyundai has created these new gearboxes to compete and follow the german automakers such as BMW, mercedes and Audi. starting from 2014 for Kia's mid size sedan I think they will be using nothing but DCT.
post #7 of 21 Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 PM

i would love to get quoris v8
post #8 of 21 Old 04-01-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentaloK View Post
I think they can manage to add in a DCT transmission. Hyundai which is the sister brand has added in a DCT transmission to Hyundai veloster. I couldn't see why they would be able to add one in. Hyundai has created these new gearboxes to compete and follow the german automakers such as BMW, mercedes and Audi. starting from 2014 for Kia's mid size sedan I think they will be using nothing but DCT.
They can do it for sure, the tech is readily available to them, I just think Kia is waiting for the right time. Seems like at the moment they want to build the Kia Quoris as cheap as they can without building a crappy car. So sticking to a traditional automatic transmission does save quite a lot of money.
post #9 of 21 Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I would most definitely like a v8 in the Quoris. At first glance at the Quoris before it was even fully disclosed on what was going to be under the hood, I thought it was going to be a V8 in there. I was actually kind of disappointed when they announced it was only going to be a V6. the V6 should be more suitable for the Kia Cadenza in that segment.
post #10 of 21 Old 04-08-2013, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentaloK View Post
I would most definitely like a v8 in the Quoris. At first glance at the Quoris before it was even fully disclosed on what was going to be under the hood, I thought it was going to be a V8 in there. I was actually kind of disappointed when they announced it was only going to be a V6. the V6 should be more suitable for the Kia Cadenza in that segment.
I think we all want V8's, but I Kia has entered the game way too late to start using a V8 in the Quoris. If they build a sedan far superior than the Quoris then I believe it will get a V8, a small one.

seems like every car maker wants to downsize engines, one of the reasons i know is being fuel economy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page