Vibration starts at 43 mph - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-28-2021, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Vibration starts at 43 mph

I have seen many discussions on changing tires and how bad the original Hankook tires were. I have a 2015 K900 that now has 101k on it and I absolutely love the car except for one thing, the slight vibration that starts at 43 mph and continues until about 60 mph. I have had it for about 30k miles, changed the tires, road force balanced, the whole deal and nothing changed. It is a vibration I can feel through the seat and steering wheel. The steering wheel doesn't wobble, it's just a vibration. The car is smooth as silk until I hit the 43 mph mark and then I start to feel it. New tires are about 3 months old and didn't change a thing. I know there have been many threads about tire vibration but has anybody had this issue and it wasn't the tires? What are some things I should check. I did the 100k mile service and changed out the plugs and coils and no change. Again, love the car, but it is a continued annoyance. No accidents or potential frame damage.
post #2 of 3 Old 02-05-2021, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

It sounds more like a balance issue, but you may have a bent wheel. Check to see if you have a wheel-straightening shop near you. They should be able to check to see if it's out-of-round.

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
post #3 of 3 Old 02-06-2021, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I also have a 2015 and have had the same exact problem. Mine goes away after I drive the car a bit and is definitely worse after it has been sitting. I don't think it is the tires. Over in the FB K900 group many people have complained about the same issue.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page