Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
post #2 of 12 Old 03-01-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
TDR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

BSD (Blind Spot Detection
Radars on both sides of the rear bumper search for vehicles that enter the Quoris’ blind spot, and a ‘warning triangle’ on the left or right side view mirror glass illuminates to alert the driver to the encroaching danger.

LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System
For improved safety during highway cruising, a forward-facing camera triggers visual and audible warnings if the car leaves the lane without a turn signal being given.

In addition to high-tech radar and sensor technology, Quoris is equipped with advanced camera systems that aid in promoting both safety and convenience in numerous situations for stress-free driving enjoyment.

AVM (Around View Monitor
Four cameras located at the front, sides and rear of Quoris provide a 360-degree, virtual bird’s eye image of the car’s location on the display monitor. In conjunction with PGS (Parking Guide System), which uses a steering wheel angle sensor and a rear-view camera to show the predicted trajectory of the vehicle, AVM enables safer and more convenient parking.

Advanced 9-Airbag System
Quoris provides an exceptional level of protection from the impact of collisions for all occupants thanks to dual front, twin front seat side and full-length curtain airbags, plus twin rear seat side airbags and a driver’s knee bag. An intelligent airbag mechanism ensures deployment at an appropriate pressure based on the intensity of the collision to prevent excess injury.

Driver's Knee Airbag
In the event of a crash, the driver’s knee airbag deploys to prevent injury to the lower body by offering extra protection for the driver's legs and feet from impact with the steering column and instrument panel.

post #3 of 12 Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i think theres enough airbags inside the quoris to make it float. Just kidding, with such protection this will rest assure that if you were hit in a high impact you'll be safe. But not always I think theres sometimes issue with airbags deploy and causing more harm then protecting. Seriously though what do you guys think iof the safety features do they justify the price tag for $50,000?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM

Love the drivers knee air bag, getting into a serious accident and possible having the dash come your way, at least in this case you're some what protected from that.

Lane departure warning was never something I though we'd get but thankfully we do, yet another premium brand feature the Quoris gets.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-20-2013, 02:44 PM

if you look at the air bag illustration closely the driver is so covered up with air bags I dont think he will be suffering much from fatigue comparing to the regular sedan. Kia is really stepping it up with safety and trying hard to earn a name in that field.

Lane keep assist or some of the manufacturers call it lane departure warning system, All these system should be mandatory on new vehicles I feel that this should be implemented and stick as a standard just like how Cruise control is a standard.

post #6 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 10:00 AM

The airbag system looks unparalleled. Can you think of any other vehicles that have 9 airbags? I would be surprised if the Quoris doesn't get a 5 star safety rating.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbert View Post
The airbag system looks unparalleled. Can you think of any other vehicles that have 9 airbags? I would be surprised if the Quoris doesn't get a 5 star safety rating.
Air bags are one thing but seeing how well it holds up in a crash will be another, not just how well things like air bags can cover the occupants.

Haven't seen what crash points the Quoris has but hopefully a frontal impact won't dig too much into the front end. Last thing I'll want to see is the a-pillar and driver door frame getting damaged in a frontal impact test.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 PM

Well Kia has to come up with something more intriguing than its competitors but if you ask me 9 air bags might be a little too much. I remember reading about an article saying airbags actually could do more damage than protect. No sure how true that is but Kia might have just went a little overboard with the airbags. Hopefully they spent just as time on the chassis and frame with safety.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 09:35 AM

I wonder if there will ever be rear airbags that deploy from the rear of the front seats.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-30-2013, 09:25 PM
alu

All that safety is great and almost all of those already in Cadenza (except 4 cameras)...I wish KIA step up with Quoris and add ACTIVE lane keep assist as Mercedes and Acura got, which actually actively control steering to keep in lane and not just warning (and with smart cruise control car drives by itself - no steering, no foot work)...as just warning pretty annoying when you get close to lane to avoid some obstacles on the road...sometimes I turn it off when it beeps to much

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page