LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-01-2019, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Default 2015 K900 UVO Grasping at straws

I am new to the forum, and new to K900 ownership,

Since there is so few of us out there, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of information available. I am hoping to attract owners and enthusiast by creating this post and providing the sparse information I have been able to collect.

The UVO system that came in the 2015 K900 (and 2014 builds) seems wildly out of date. The old pages for myuvo.com are no longer available. There used to be upgrades available on this site, but not even an internet wayback machine will show these pages.

No information on infotainment hardware upgrades. I have spent hours trying to hunt down information on swapping out the 2015 hardware (mine is Model AN311KHA)

Map Updates seem to only be available via third party and have an unreliable installation rate.

Mention of Microsoft Windows as the background Operating System have been found with procedures on how to enter the Windows environment. Some report the OS is in Korean, and talk about adding English language packs, but no evidence of this has been recorded.

TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) Seems like there was a rebooting issue that they fixed, and got rid of the nagging Accept Screen after timeout - I did find a TSB that lists procedures for performing an software upgrade, and references two USB sticks. https://kia.oemdtc.com/TSB/2014-071.pdf - Press and HOLD the CD EJECT button on the center stack, then, press the SXM button four (4) times in quick succession.

I was thinking of locating a salvaged 2016-2107 K900 infotainment system as the parts are the same dimensions and locations. The only additional hardware on the 2016-2017 versions are the incorporation of an SD Card slot. The wiring harness is also different to accommodate the SD Card reader add.f I have a case open with Kia to confirm if the swap of the hardware would impact anything else in the vehicle.

The only aftermarket item I was able to find was a canbus .

If anyone has any information they would like to share, please do so.
post #2 of 2 Old 03-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage

welcome to the forum
The only place we were able to get map updates is WWW.Mapnsoft.com.
They are part of or owned by Hyundai.
I'd forget the upgrade from a newer K900 would be to costly and way to much work

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page