Kia K900 Forum - View Single Post - Is this forum on Life Support?
View Single Post
post #15 of Old 01-11-2022, 07:31 PM
Kia-Driver

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

My Cadenza has enough power to spin a tire when trying to hustle from a stop, merging with traffic. When I'm trying to jump into a hole in traffic, spinning a tire means I'm not making forward progress. (well, some, but not as much as I'd like). Accelerating from a stop in the rain, I'm spinning a tire. I did it again today, on a dry road, taking off from a stoplight. It might have been a slight incline. I was feeling frisky, so I had it in manual mode & mashed the pedal when the light turned green. I got more wheelspin than I was expecting (probably due to cooler weather/cooler rubber).

I previously owned a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. It was a 2.5 turbo, AWD w/ manual tranny w/ 50/50 torque distribution, and I never had to worry about spinning a tire. Accelerating from a stop, around a corner, in the rain, in the snow, it would just go, every time. I never had to even think about spinning any tires unless I was trying to. With my Cadenza, I'm regularly spinning a tire without meaning to, and not making the forward progress I was hoping for.

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome