Chrome Wheels - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-14-2016, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Chrome Wheels

3 of the 4 chrome wheels started flaking the chrome off. Took it to the dealer for warranty and was told that the chipping or flaking from the wheels are from road debris hitting and knocking off the chrome and WAS NOT covered under warranty.

Have had several other vehicles in the past and had never had the chrome come off. Just wondering if anyone else had the issues.
post #2 of 7 Old 03-14-2016, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage

Never replaced them on a K900 however have replaced them quite a few times on a sorento. Each wheel is about 900.00 on the K900 replaced one for a body shop. If you can see where the wheel has damage then that's one thing but if the chrome truly is peeling/delaminating then it's covered. Could be a reason why the 16 has a redesigned wheel
post #3 of 7 Old 03-14-2016, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Default Chrome Wheels

yeah I know it should be warrantied but do you appeal the warranty issues to?

post #4 of 7 Old 03-14-2016, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage

Who told you it wasn't covered? Service advisor? Manager? Kia? Where do you live? Me personally I would take a picture and show my Kia district manager and let him make a decision before it gets to Kia consumer affairs. All they would do is get him involved anyway. Also due to the cost of that repair the dealership would need Kia authorization prior to replacement. I've worked for Kia for quite a while and I find everything easier to handle between us and the Kia district manager plus it being a K900 it requires special attention.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-18-2016, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've had chrome wheels on a 95 Lincoln (5 yrs), 98 Caddy STs (4 years), 2003 Avalon Touring (3 years) and currently on my 2013 Chevy Siverado for 3 years. I live in rural PA, where roads are heavily salted and they use fine gravel for anti-skid. All of the above vehicles with the exception of the current Chevy were driven for 100K+. I have NEVER seen a chipped or peeled chrome wheel. In compariaon, the factory mag wheels are crap. I had mag wheels on a Tundra and a Sequoia corode at 40-45K, but Toyota had them powder coated, free of charge, even though both trucks were past the the bumper to bumper limit of 36K. If I was the OP, I would be screaming bloody murder!
post #6 of 7 Old 03-30-2016, 09:38 AM

I'm also having problems with the chrome peeling off my wheels and my car doesn't even have 3K miles on it yet. However, the dealer has put in a 'claim' with Kia to resolve the problem. It's obvious nothing we have done could've caused this and, based on previous issues with the defective tires, I would expect that Kia will replace the wheels. If not, well, it's off to small claims court!
post #7 of 7 Old 12-04-2016, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

The sevice guys tried to tell me it was due to me scrapping my wheels on the curb. But it's not. This chrome peeling and the black. Kia still hasn't given me a decision yet though. It's been over a month now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page