LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 07-04-2015, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
Default Picked up a luxury K900 yesterday

I'm new here, just picked up my K900 yesterday and trying to get used to the new menu system. 1 Question doesn't the K900 have a touch screen? I had a cadenza and that was a touch screen
post #2 of 29 Old 07-05-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Answered my own question, no touch screen. After spending an hour trying to find out how to turn the touch screen on. read the manual, Da a wasted hour. There is a learning curve on the nav system coming from the Cadenza
post #3 of 29 Old 07-06-2015, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Answered my own question, no touch screen. After spending an hour trying to find out how to turn the touch screen on. read the manual, Da a wasted hour. There is a learning curve on the nav system coming from the Cadenza
Firstly congratulations on your new ride .I picked mine up on June 29th and I love driving it . Secondly the learning curve is steep and there is no touch screen .The key is those two little box shaped control;s next to the Joy stick control or option management controller It took me about a week to figure everything out but its coming Hint I find the voice recognition system the easiest way around including radio stations , navigation, etc. Good luck and keep me informed .as na aside why did you chose the K900 n

Last edited by funnyman7915; 07-06-2015 at 02:16 PM.

post #4 of 29 Old 07-06-2015, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

WIFE
does that answer why.
Came from a 2014 Cadenza, just to many problems kia couldn't find
AC would stop working, have to restart car to get it to work again
Right front brake might grab with no other brakes seeming to apply at times
wipers would start working , no rain or dirt on windshield
window starting to go down then stopping, no windows would work till I restart car
Some time when car is started in morning, sounds like it is running on 5 cylinders
That is just a few of the things going on. Kia's answer to all of them, can't duplicate.

That was why I traded along with, A couple had a K900 with 9000 miles on it and wanted
an AUDI. I got the car for $39,000.00 2015 K900 luxury. was a good deal so traded
post #5 of 29 Old 07-06-2015, 02:18 PM

Garage

Quote:
WIFE
does that answer why.
Came from a 2014 Cadenza, just to many problems kia couldn't find
AC would stop working, have to restart car to get it to work again
Right front brake might grab with no other brakes seeming to apply at times
wipers would start working , no rain or dirt on windshield
window starting to go down then stopping, no windows would work till I restart car
Some time when car is started in morning, sounds like it is running on 5 cylinders
That is just a few of the things going on. Kia's answer to all of them, can't duplicate.

That was why I traded along with, A couple had a K900 with 9000 miles on it and wanted
an AUDI. I got the car for $39,000.00 2015 K900 luxury. was a good deal so traded
That was a great deal Congrats on both the car and the deal I am embarrassed to tell you what I paid for my V6 premium. My reason was that my 2014 KO hybrid was in a serious accident ( not my fault) n and thankfully neither my wife nor I were hurt there was extensive damage done to the suspension and wheels not to mention the rear passenger door and quarter panel and bumper . I am reluctant to keep damaged merchandise as the depreciation only accelerates and Kia gave me a great deal on my trade as well the insurance company compensated me for diminished value .Another reason was my wife did not like the KOH as her passenger seat was too low .Happy wife happy life. Do you have the display in the windshield of speed lane encroachment etc . I found it the my sunglasses with the anti glow treatment blocks the view of the data . Have you experienced that yet ?>

Last edited by funnyman7915; 07-06-2015 at 02:25 PM.
post #6 of 29 Old 07-06-2015, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Mine has the V8 and the 8 speed tranny.
One question; when I come to a stop just as the transmission is down shifting maybe to first gear
I feel a little bump, Is this normal?
Years ago I would have thought the differential had slack in it's preset clearance, or a u-joint had slop.
Does anyone else notice this?
post #7 of 29 Old 07-06-2015, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

I don't have the HUD. Mine is the luxury but with out the VIP upgrade. That is an $8000.00 upgrade in the US V8 model. Doesn't have the advanced cruise control that was on the cadenza, but I hated that any way. No reclining rear seats or surround view monitor.
post #8 of 29 Old 07-06-2015, 04:14 PM

Garage

Quote:
I don't have the HUD. Mine is the luxury but with out the VIP upgrade. That is an $8000.00 upgrade in the US V8 model. Doesn't have the advanced cruise control that was on the cadenza, but I hated that any way. No reclining rear seats or surround view monitor.
I don't have 360 surround camera but I do have the other .I have used the advanced cruise and I do like it .On the K900 it can be adjusted to distances that you pick so I am lead to believe Canada and the US are different and so is the body styling .Our fog lights are more tapered: as far as models are concerned .we only have three different ones to chose from:
V8 premium VIP package at about 71K
V6 premium which is what I have it includes the equivalent VIP package you mentioned 61K ( mine)
V6 standard which is pretty basic 51K but no dealer stocks those so really the choice is either V6 or V8

Last edited by funnyman7915; 07-06-2015 at 05:48 PM.
post #9 of 29 Old 07-07-2015, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Here in the US we have V8 premium, which is like the base model.
V8 luxury model which offers LED head lights, genuine wood trim, napa leather, parking assist, and other stuff.
In order to get the advanced cruise, HUD, reclining rear seats, cooling in rear seats, 360 surround camera and several other features we have to add the $8,000.00
VIP package.
No V6
Mine is the V8 luxury without the VIP package.
Yes different from the models sold in Canada
post #10 of 29 Old 07-07-2015, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome to the forum Gene. Glad to see you on here.

So after coming from the Cadenza, would you say it's a pretty big difference?

Yeah sucks there is no touch screen, took a little getting used to for me too.

I have the VIP package V8 and freaking love it. I bet your loving the Sport mode on your V8!!

David

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page