Why buy a Quoris/K900? - Kia K900 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 11-01-2013, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Why buy a Quoris/K900?

When it arrives in north america, there is no doubt the Quoris will have some challenges. Heavy competition that already has its roots in the market.

So why buy the Quoris? What are the reasons? Even if the reason is silly. Im curious why you are interested in spending the money on a KIA.
post #2 of 13 Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 AM

Unlike a 7 series, Lexus LS, Mercedes S-Class, ownership of the Kia wouldn't be as much. Plus the K900/Quoris gives you a ton of amazing features for a great price, features like some higher priced luxury sedans mentioned above
post #3 of 13 Old 11-04-2013, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

I will be looking forward to seeing what sort of features will be offered standard in the K900 as well as the price.

As bad as this sounds.. If KIA undercuts the big 3 in terms of value. The K900 might stand a chance to be something viable
kQue likes this.

post #4 of 13 Old 11-04-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
I will be looking forward to seeing what sort of features will be offered standard in the K900 as well as the price.

As bad as this sounds.. If KIA undercuts the big 3 in terms of value. The K900 might stand a chance to be something viable
undercutting the big three might be the only way they can get the key initial sale and promotion a new car like this needs.
Kia has always been good for undercutting the bigger mainstream brands. if they stick to that with the K900/Quoris, they shouldn't have much of a problem.
post #5 of 13 Old 11-04-2013, 12:15 PM

I just don't see someone with the means to purchase an Audi/Merc/BMW opting for the K900 instead. At least not in a comparable segment. Do you guys really see someone in the market for a 7 series or S-class as opting for a KIA... AHAHAA

Maybe K900 can steal some sales from the lowly 3 series, but still people buy the big 3 for their badges...
post #6 of 13 Old 11-04-2013, 03:03 PM
alu

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson View Post
I just don't see someone with the means to purchase an Audi/Merc/BMW opting for the K900 instead. At least not in a comparable segment. Do you guys really see someone in the market for a 7 series or S-class as opting for a KIA... AHAHAA

Maybe K900 can steal some sales from the lowly 3 series, but still people buy the big 3 for their badges...
You are completely wrong...probably you never drove both BMW 3- series and 7 series...who ever drove 3rd series would never consider driving 7 series (only as a second car) and of course K900...it's just different driving experience.
3rd one is for drivers...7 one and K900 are for a comfortable journey...

I did own BMW 750 Li 2006 for 3 years and I'm considering K900 - that's the fact (however there are not many people like me..that's for sure)...I am not a big boss and I don't care about brands...but this is not only about brands it's usually about quality of the ride...if you drove S600 and then try Equus then you'll feel difference...not because of brand or price tag
...but of course people think about you differently when you come on BMW 750 or KIA Optima that's for sure... from my own experience...starting from dealership...you should see those faces
post #7 of 13 Old 11-05-2013, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

there are all kinds of shoppers. not everyone is loyal to the german brands.

There are some buyers who want a luxury car but want to avoid the german brands just to be different or keep a lower profile.
post #8 of 13 Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu View Post
You are completely wrong...probably you never drove both BMW 3- series and 7 series...who ever drove 3rd series would never consider driving 7 series (only as a second car) and of course K900...it's just different driving experience.
3rd one is for drivers...7 one and K900 are for a comfortable journey...

I did own BMW 750 Li 2006 for 3 years and I'm considering K900 - that's the fact (however there are not many people like me..that's for sure)...I am not a big boss and I don't care about brands...but this is not only about brands it's usually about quality of the ride...if you drove S600 and then try Equus then you'll feel difference...not because of brand or price tag
...but of course people think about you differently when you come on BMW 750 or KIA Optima that's for sure... from my own experience...starting from dealership...you should see those faces
I guess the E92 I got rid of 2 years ago doesn't count, FYI i used to work for BMW. The 7 series is actually quite an engaging drive as is the S-class. You make them sound like barges.

Branding holds you to certain expectations from your clientele. Like you said, go from an S to an Equus and you will feel the difference. The difference is definitely brand and price. So on that, how do you really expect anyone with the means to consider K900...

If you want the BEST, the Germans are the BEST. That's not debatable. Unless you're saying there are people who shoot for second?
post #9 of 13 Old 11-05-2013, 12:05 PM
alu

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I guess the E92 I got rid of 2 years ago doesn't count, FYI i used to work for BMW. The 7 series is actually quite an engaging drive as is the S-class. You make them sound like barges.

Branding holds you to certain expectations from your clientele. Like you said, go from an S to an Equus and you will feel the difference. The difference is definitely brand and price. So on that, how do you really expect anyone with the means to consider K900...

If you want the BEST, the Germans are the BEST. That's not debatable. Unless you're saying there are people who shoot for second?
You are right...And once KIA will become as good as German's they will be priced the same ...so we either could save money and enjoy pretty good ride or spend more and get the best ..but another aspect here is design ...and I admit that KIA looks better now in some models than BMW...
It's always a decision how good it should be and how much you want to spend for it...
Some one feels v4 is enough, I had hard time when switching to v6 after v8...I really love v8 and my friend doesn't consider anything but v12 ...so it's all personal
jefferson likes this.

Last edited by alu; 11-05-2013 at 12:11 PM.
post #10 of 13 Old 11-07-2013, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

I have met some luxury car buyers that want to avoid the german brands to keep a lower social profile.

They usually buy Acuras or Lexus cars. I guess people like that would also look into KIA or Hyundai.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page