Quoris name Change? - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-26-2013, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Quoris name Change?

alu posted a link in the Quoris V8 thread and in the article it is revealed that the Quoris wont be called the Quoris after all...

Quote:
Kia has told dealers that it will bring a $50,000 to $70,000, rear-drive flagship sedan to the United States early in 2014, although it won't be called what you think. Instead of the unloved Quoris name, the full-size sedan will be called the K900.
Very strange strategy to announce the name and then swiftly strike it down months before release. To be honest K900 sounds like a robotic dog or a speaker system, not a luxury vehicle. Never been a fan of alphanumeric naming.

Kia dealers report K900 flagship RWD sedan is coming to US - Autoblog
post #2 of 16 Old 09-26-2013, 11:50 AM

I thought K9 sounded great, but K900 sounds even better, it sounds like some futuristic thing that when you hear about it, you want to know more.

K9 just reminded me too much of the 'K9' that people use to refer to dogs. K900 is more original.

Also this could be the start of something interested, a nomenclature. Could there possibly be an even higher flagship above the K900 in the future? K1000?
post #3 of 16 Old 09-30-2013, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiapwr View Post
I thought K9 sounded great, but K900 sounds even better, it sounds like some futuristic thing that when you hear about it, you want to know more.

K9 just reminded me too much of the 'K9' that people use to refer to dogs. K900 is more original.

Also this could be the start of something interested, a nomenclature. Could there possibly be an even higher flagship above the K900 in the future? K1000?
Do you prefer K900 to Quoris.... The article says most americans didnt like the sound of Quoris... I like it, much better than K900.....

WTF is wrong with Quoris?

post #4 of 16 Old 09-30-2013, 12:18 PM

I am not in love with either name. K900 sounds too much like a dog and Quoris just doesn't do it for me either. I think that K900 is better than Quoris. People are more likely to have no problem with an alphanumeric name than with an actual proper name.

I'm not sure about the decision to change the name so close to the vehicle's NA release. I guess they had to do it now if they were going to do it. They couldn't very well change the name once it was at the dealerships.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronie View Post
I am not in love with either name. K900 sounds too much like a dog and Quoris just doesn't do it for me either. I think that K900 is better than Quoris. People are more likely to have no problem with an alphanumeric name than with an actual proper name.

I'm not sure about the decision to change the name so close to the vehicle's NA release. I guess they had to do it now if they were going to do it. They couldn't very well change the name once it was at the dealerships.
so far it seems like they will be sticking with K900, just need to look out for trademarks on it in north america
post #6 of 16 Old 10-01-2013, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

I'm sure they've done their research, but whats going to happen to our Quoris forum if the name has been swapped to K900??

a real name is much better than something Alphanumeric. K900 is in the same boat as FRS or 3 series, while real names makes me think of things like Testarossa, Mustang, Cutlass. All names that evoke a feeling about the car, numbers make me feel nothing..
post #7 of 16 Old 10-01-2013, 11:36 AM

the admins will just have to change the K9 and Quoris mentions, i doubt it will be much of an issue to them. But I can argue that 'k900' has the same effect as say 'F50' (ferrari) it just sounds like something that means serious business, and it does, it's their flagship model.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Kia must have done research that concluded that Quoris was not a good choice of name. It also must have determined that K900 was going to be a better name. It is strange because no other Kia vehicle uses an alphanumeric name. I think they should have stuck with a non-alphanumeric name just to stay consistent with the brand.
post #9 of 16 Old 10-01-2013, 05:44 PM

I actually thought Quoris would be a more suitable name. Wonder what made them change their minds. I thought it was only going to be called K9 in other countries.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 AM

id prefer a name.

KIA K900? sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page