Is the Quoris grille ripping off BMW? - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-16-2013, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Is the Quoris grille ripping off BMW?

It's not like it looks bad or anything, but I can't help but point out that the Quoris grille looks extremely similar to the BMW grille. Take a look for yourself.

It is not a direct copy, but the two are basically interchangeable.
post #2 of 9 Old 09-17-2013, 12:40 PM

Other than the split in the middle of the BMW grille, yes, I would agree that they look pretty similar. I can' decide if that means that Kia is copying BMW, or if that means it is just a nice grille design generally so why not use it? I think Kia grilles are similarly designed on its other vehicles too. So its not like Kia just copied BMW on its luxury sedan because it wanted to be like BMW. Ultimately, I think it looks good on the Quoris, so good job Kia.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-17-2013, 01:32 PM

Well this has been kind of discussed but yes a lot have to say that they see remblences but it is still different when you look at the two. Maybe Kia just used the BMW for inspirtation and worked from it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-18-2013, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

not really. one piece design vs two piece. the resemblance is the chrome outline and the vertical grill slots.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-18-2013, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
not really. one piece design vs two piece. the resemblance is the chrome outline and the vertical grill slots.
It is also very similar in shape. If the only difference is one piece design versus two piece design, then I think there isn't much difference between the two. If you just look at the grille and where the badge is on the two cars, they look very similar.

I don't think worse of Kia for having a similar design. I mean, it looks nice (on the BMW too.) If the Quoris is successful, it would be nice to see it have a bit more of a unique grille design when it comes around for a new generation in a while. This could just be the growing pains of getting into a completely new segment.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-18-2013, 12:23 PM

i ahve to admit it looks like they just connected the two kidney grilles by just drawing two curvy lines between them. Kia could have been more original, they lost that opportunity.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-18-2013, 03:06 PM

that is their new design for the grille. they won't be doing anything to it soon. Maybe in the next refresh models but that wont be for a while.

post #8 of 9 Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kQue View Post
i ahve to admit it looks like they just connected the two kidney grilles by just drawing two curvy lines between them. Kia could have been more original, they lost that opportunity.
While it doesn't look completely original, I would also say its not a complete rip off. The design looks good on a BMW or a Kia so it makes sense why both use it. I would chalk it up to design trends. Just like how cars by different companies look similar because they are built at the same time for the same customer. I'm sure BMW would have sued by now if there was really an issue of copying.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-29-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
While it doesn't look completely original, I would also say its not a complete rip off. The design looks good on a BMW or a Kia so it makes sense why both use it. I would chalk it up to design trends. Just like how cars by different companies look similar because they are built at the same time for the same customer. I'm sure BMW would have sued by now if there was really an issue of copying.
Good points but they still should have went a much more different route, if they had, it would make their vehicles stand out more, rather than looking like some cheap knock off.

Maybe in the future as they establish them selves more we can expect more.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page