First 2014 KIA Quoris Spotted In California - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default First 2014 KIA Quoris Spotted In California

For some unexplained reason, Kia won't give us a definitive answer on when it's spanking new, rear-wheel drive Quoris flagship sedan will go on sale in North America, with officials simply stating that the car is currently being "evaluated" for the United States. Given this fresh sighting of the Kia Quoris (marketed as the K9 in South Korea) wearing nothing but its tuxedo black paint job in California by Carscoops reader Tom H., we'd say the frustratingly long evaluation process continues.
"Saw the car in Newport Beach California outside of a sushi restaurant," Tom told us in an email. "It had distributor plates on it and had no markings identifying it as the K9 - just the Kia badge."
From the few details Kia has released about the export market Quoris, we know that it will be offered with a 286hp (290PS) Lambda V6 3.8-litre MPI and a 329HP (333PS) 3.8-liter GDI engine, but its almost a given that the North American model will also get a V8 option, just like its Hyundai Genesis sibling.

post #2 of 14 Old 02-27-2013, 02:48 PM
TDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoris_Fan View Post
For some unexplained reason, Kia won't give us a definitive answer on when it's spanking new, rear-wheel drive Quoris flagship sedan will go on sale in North America, with officials simply stating that the car is currently being "evaluated" for the United States.
I was unaware that the Quoris is not guaranteed to be sold in North America yet. Especially considering it is Kia's flagship sedan. This doesn't make much sense to me.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-06-2013, 03:28 PM

Any new photos of the headlights working? These headlights remind me of technology similar in the new Acura RLX.

I just noticed how similar the first photo looks to a Lexus LS.

post #4 of 14 Old 03-07-2013, 03:54 PM

I'm not entirely convinced with the headlights. It has too much going on. Other than that. I think it looks beautiful.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
Any new photos of the headlights working? These headlights remind me of technology similar in the new Acura RLX.

I just noticed how similar the first photo looks to a Lexus LS.
This video in the link below shows the headlights fully functioning. The LED headlight projectors and turn signals. It looks far better when it's lit up unlike how we're seeing it in the pictures above.

http://www.quoris.org/forum/new-2013...ia-quoris-255/
post #6 of 14 Old 03-07-2013, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

In this view the rear end of the quoris reminds me alot of the Lexus Ls460. or shows very similar styling lines.
post #7 of 14 Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentaloK View Post

In this view the rear end of the quoris reminds me alot of the Lexus Ls460. or shows very similar styling lines.
haha so true, the way the tail light wraps around the side of the body makes up for a lot of it and the way the rear passenger window ends. I wonder if they looked at the Lexus LS when designing the Quoris.

post #8 of 14 Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 AM

I can see some very strong resemblances between the Quoris and Lexus. Though I prefer the sleekness of the Quoris more.
post #9 of 14 Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

even the exhaust tips on the lower end of the bumper look the same as the lexus LS. I dont know whether if its a coincidence but they just look so similar with the overall shape.

I think we are getting to a point where all vehicles are starting to look alike or maybe designers are just getting lazy and less creative
post #10 of 14 Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 PM
TDR

All auto manufacturers share trends and borrow cues from one another. There are most likely studies and focus groups they survey that tell them what styling cues they like, which always evolves and changes over time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page