Did the Quoris rip off BMW? - Kia K900 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Did the Quoris rip off BMW?

Stylistically the Quoris doesn't look at all like a Kia. And it's not hard to imagine, ppl confusing this for a BMW on the road. It's styling is sleeker and much more premium looking than any Kia before and is more comparable to European designs. On Quoris articles, comments sections are filled with accusations by Beemer fans.

Though, this criticism is much better than Kia releasing a boring, ugly car IMO. But I wonder if BMW and their enthusiasts are justified in their claims.
post #2 of 26 Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 PM

How do you think they ripped off BMW? Show us some pictures of what they ripped off.

A lot of automotive designs look alike but as you look into the details you'll see how unique each one can be.

I see a very slight German/Japanese appearance in the Quoris but it's still not a rip off of a BMW.
post #3 of 26 Old 04-01-2013, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

I've read many articles talking about the Quoris, and more often than not, the BMW is named. Not just as a competitor but how similar in style the Kia looks to the BMW particularly the 5 and 7 Series. It is even suggested the Quoris tries to mimic the handling of European cars. Which as I said isn't necessarily a bad thing.

post #4 of 26 Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM

I do see where the BMW fans are coming from. When I first saw the Quoris, the first thing I thought of is the BMW 5-Series, based off its luxury look. While I do see the similarities, saying Kia ripped off BMW is a bit far.

Kia is responding to criticisms by offering a higher premium and quality look. I don't think BMW has a monopoly on this because they did it before.
post #5 of 26 Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I do see a strong resemblance from the front fascia of the Quoris but when you go to the other parts of the Quoris what else looks the same. For the length maybe it was just a mere coincidence. This is a touchy topic to discuss we can all speculate but we will never know. However the Quoris does look amazing but I would like to see it in person to be a better judge on the quality.
post #6 of 26 Old 04-08-2013, 04:21 PM

Since Kia hired Audi's old design boss, we should be bringing Audi into this discussion, I can already see a number of things audi-like.

Kia as some smaller cars that closely resemble some Audi's, I believe they have their own version of an Audi A3
post #7 of 26 Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM

I do not think so. Cars might look similar but I don't think you should say it is a ripoff until it looks exactly like the competition. And the quoris does look different. **** didn't the Quoris concept come out before the new BMW redesigns?
post #8 of 26 Old 04-10-2013, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPQuoris View Post
Since Kia hired Audi's old design boss, we should be bringing Audi into this discussion, I can already see a number of things audi-like.

Kia as some smaller cars that closely resemble some Audi's, I believe they have their own version of an Audi A3
Audi is too busy crying to Acura about how they stole the design with the NSX.

I wouldn't like to see any similarity from Audi to Kia but maybe a new designer point of view and fresh exterior looks. If this can be established by Kia and set in stone, I would definitely give Kia more credibility. But at this time i'll stand back and watch.
post #9 of 26 Old 04-12-2013, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPQuoris View Post

I did not know that. That explains why Kia is starting to look more European.
post #10 of 26 Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 PM

Yeah I noticed that KIA's styling and design has changed dramatically maybe its the doing of the new designer. No wonder the quoris and the cadenza has a euro look to them.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page