Kia K900 Forum

Kia K900 Forum (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/)
-   New 2013+ K900 General Discussion Forum (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-2013-k900-general-discussion-forum-9/)
-   -   credit card emergency key (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-2013-k900-general-discussion-forum-9/credit-card-emergency-key-4002/)

Gene 06-12-2017 04:28 PM

credit card emergency key

For those who think the credit card key isn't working.
It is not a regular key! It is an emergency key, if your battery
stops operating in the regular key, or you loose it. The credit
card has in it a key to open the drivers door, manually
Look at the back of credit card key, an arrow points to a corner
place that corner on the start button and it will start the car when
you push the button in.
Mine doesn't work if I have an active regular key in or near the car
so don't think the battery is dead just because it doesn't work like
the regular key. Doesn't work to open door by pushing door button.

J. Dub 06-13-2017 02:36 AM

As a new comer I found the OP to be confusing. However, Gene is a top contributor here so let me back away from the ledge of assuming Gene meant to confuse.

I use my credit card "key" as my daily key to enter the vehicle. Now when I say key in that sentence I am talking about the credit card itself. NOT the metal thin key inside the credit card "key" plastic.

Gene, are you saying that my (our) credit card transmitter was never intended to be used as a daily driver and that I should instead be using the fatter transmitter with the unlock / lock / trunk buttons on it?

Gene 06-13-2017 11:55 AM

emergency start is what it was designed for. In the first K900's will not work like the fatter transmitter. Mine is one of the first K900's built in 2014.
If it works on yours as a regular transmitter on your car, use it

J. Dub 06-13-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 18745)
emergency start is what it was designed for. In the first K900's will not work like the fatter transmitter. Mine is one of the first K900's built in 2014.
If it works on yours as a regular transmitter on your car, use it

My local kia tech tried to sell that talk to me as well. I didn't argue. I went 35 minutes to a different kia dealership, showed them this video and explained what the previous dealership told me. https://youtu.be/VCudkRSf_K0

2-days later and a call to vip customer service with a trouble ticket a kia engineer walked that technician through the set up process. Now my 15 k9 built in 14 has true credit card key function.

That stinks if your car truly doesn't allow for it. I know one thing brother. I'll eager for the 16's to fall in price. I really want the remote unlock, start, lock from my cell phone feature that the 16's have.

P.S. I'm glad you're still active here. I think you and I are the only truly daily active members.

K5 Optima Store 06-13-2017 02:36 PM

My CC key works great, and has since day one. It's the only remote I have used for almost 3 years now daily to get in and out of the car.

J. Dub 06-13-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store (Post 18801)
My CC key works great, and has since day one. It's the only remote I have used for almost 3 years now daily to get in and out of the car.

Literally it's what sold me on the K9. Reminded me of my old Lexus LS credit card key.
I love the value of these K9's

Zathras 06-14-2017 01:30 PM

My 2015 K900 was also built in 2014, and my credit card key works just fine to open the doors or trunk using the button, start the car etc. Essentially it does anything the regular smart key can do without using one of the key buttons, which the card key obviously does not have.

J. Dub 06-14-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zathras (Post 18817)
My 2015 K900 was also built in 2014, and my credit card key works just fine to open the doors or trunk using the button, start the car etc. Essentially it does anything the regular smart key can do without using one of the key buttons, which the card key obviously does not have.

Yup, all day :)

@Gene, let me know if I can help in anyway. I had to open a trouble ticket with KIA customer service but it was eventually handled.

Gene 06-15-2017 12:23 PM

Thanks J.DUB
I'll try at my dealership, if they can't help then will call customer service.
Any questions there I might find out more about your trouble ticket