LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 12-08-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Default 6 month ownership review likes and dislikes

Dislikes First ( not too many ) V6 Premium Edition
  1. Shitty gas mileage in city driving even worse with auto climate control engaged -no sizeable improvements in Eco mode
  2. Auto defrost only kicks in with auto climate engaged
  3. Seat warmers not all that warm
  4. Driving in either sports mode or eco mode -Find sports mode jerky and Eco mode sluggish ergo leave it in normal
  5. Lack of touch screen
  6. Not downloading my texts or emails ( my loaner Toyoto tercel had that feature
  7. Front Camera -almost next to useless as the sensors tell you how close you are to either a car or other obstruction
  8. Dark tinted windows.every time I cross the USA border the custom officer wants me to roll down the back window :

1. Cross lane departure warning and cross traffic warning( Blind spot
  2. Advanced Smart Cruise control and auto mode allowing car to break or slow down when lane gets blocked
  3. t warning ) and rear Cross traffic alert
  4. Comfort in both passenger and driver as well as the back seat
  5. Auto climate with sync option works very well
  6. Heated steering wheel
  7. Advanced Heads up Display I actually like that best of all th electronics -Tells me everything I want to know
Everything else is nice but expected such as leather and wood grain in a premium model I just listed the features that standout

Overall A great car and worth the money given the alternatives in size and luxury It is nice car for the money given what say a loaded BMW 7 series sells for :

As an after thought here are the additional features that come with the premium upgrades from Kia Canada(-2016 is not shown as of today )

• Advanced Smart Cruise Control5
  • - Advanced Lane Departure Warning5
  • - Advanced Vehicle Safety Management5
  • - Blind-spot detection system5
  • - Rear cross traffic alert system5
  • - Advanced heads-up display system
  • - Adaptive headlight system (haven't noticed)
  • - Panoramic sunroof
  • - Premium ‘Nappa’ leather seats
  • - Real wood trim
  • - Leather and wood steering wheel
  • - Heated steering wheel
  • - Rear seat lumbar support
  • - Power extendable driver seat cushion (don't use )
  • - Power front headrests (don't use)
Just my thoughts As an aside I have really not had one issue that has required Kia to fix that was a defect .The only issue KIA dealt with was that a Valet got some plastic caught in my exhaust system and was burning. .KIA removed 95 % and the rest ultimately burned off I have reported that before as super service from Richmond KIA

Larry
2015 k900 V6 Premium Edition Metallic Silver
post #2 of 20 Old 12-08-2015, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Other than I have useless headlights for the most part we lover the car.

Dislikes:
The top section (wood) of the steering wheel is not heated.
The seats do not get very warm.
No touch screen.
Staggered tires. Not needed for a car designed for a plush ride and not aggressive driving.
The door armrests are a little narrow for me.
No auto high beams.

These items come to mind as my truck has all these features and with 4 corner air suspension rides almost as nice. And my truck has excellent headlights.

David
Charlotte, NC
post #3 of 20 Old 12-09-2015, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunonH20 View Post
Other than I have useless headlights for the most part we lover the car.

Dislikes:
The top section (wood) of the steering wheel is not heated.
The seats do not get very warm.
No touch screen.
Staggered tires. Not needed for a car designed for a plush ride and not aggressive driving.
The door armrests are a little narrow for me.
No auto high beams.
These items come to mind as my truck has all these features and with 4 corner air suspension rides almost as nice. And my truck has excellent headlights.
I 100% agree on the heated steering wheel top plastic wood section not being heated I guess the heating could could melt the plastic I suspect .I don't miss auto high beams since I have never had them in fact never heard about them . The V6 in Canada comes with 245 55 18 all around .I would think the staggard wheels are real pain in the ass to buying new tires .The arm rests are a tad thin but I got used to it .The centre console has plenty of room for both me and my wife's arms to rest

Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 12-09-2015, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I like my K900 V6, my top four things that I wouldn't mind having are:

-UVO support(Canada)
-Rear DVDs(front is pointless)
-A twin turbo V6
-AWD would be nice

But overall am a very happy owner of a K900
post #5 of 20 Old 12-09-2015, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage

The top of my list would be the same as I have had with any of my other KIA'S

- I wish is could display the current speed limit on the road I am on in the instrument cluster or HUD in the K900 and if I am over the PSL not just in the NAV. I know you can set the speed limit warning in the NAV but you have to change that manually. When driving between states where highways can go as high as 80 it is useful.

- I find it a real pain that I have to tell the clock to change to daylight savings, am I correct that new update is correcting that?

- Yesterday I asked my wife to drive, am I wrong that the driver and both rear passenger seats have lumbar but the front passenger does not?

- so far I would not change anything else, waiting for summer to get a 25% window tint all the way around, but that is about it.
post #6 of 20 Old 12-09-2015, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyman7915 View Post
I 100% agree on the heated steering wheel top plastic wood section not being heated I guess the heating could could melt the plastic I suspect .I don't miss auto high beams since I have never had them in fact never heard about them . The V6 in Canada comes with 245 55 18 all around .I would think the staggard wheels are real pain in the ass to buying new tires .The arm rests are a tad thin but I got used to it .The centre console has plenty of room for both me and my wife's arms to rest
The wood in my 2014 Ram Limited is real wood and it heats as even as the leather part of the wheel.

I love my auto high beams. I leave the high beams on all the time. It even turns them off when it senses the red lights on the back of a car.

The leather on the seats and doors of the truck are a little more supple and soft than the K900.

David
Charlotte, NC
post #7 of 20 Old 12-11-2015, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Well I read the adaptive headlight section of the owners guide and last night while driving I actually tested them. I noticed zero difference with the ADH to the point that given they are supposed to move in conjunction with my turning either the differe4nce is non noticeable or mine font work or were are not part of my premium package although Kia web site says they are .For those that have them on your Kia have you noticed any difference ?

Larry
post #8 of 20 Old 12-16-2015, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyman7915 View Post
Well I read the adaptive headlight section of the owners guide and last night while driving I actually tested them. I noticed zero difference with the ADH to the point that given they are supposed to move in conjunction with my turning either the differe4nce is non noticeable or mine font work or were are not part of my premium package although Kia web site says they are .For those that have them on your Kia have you noticed any difference ?

For me they work great but, when I took my K900 in and had the V8 Elite loner car with the LED headlights the AHS was way better. Here in Edmonton when the street lights come on at night the Xenon HIDs in the V6 Premium are a little over kill and most likely annoying to other drivers like most other headlights of today(my opinion)

2015 KIA K900 V6 Luxury White
post #9 of 20 Old 12-17-2015, 05:57 AM

Garage

The headlights move quite a bit. I did notice at low speeds they do not move. It was more noticeable driving in fog.
post #10 of 20 Old 12-17-2015, 12:17 PM

Garage

I have notices from our Cadenza and the K900, if I am not wrong, the AHS only work when you select "auto" headlights.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page