2014 KIA Quoris Instrument Cluster - Kia K900 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 05-01-2013, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default 2014 KIA Quoris Instrument Cluster

What do you guys think of the Quoris Instrument Cluster? Do you have any concerns about it's all digital design. Personally I would have liked a more traditional design with actual glass casings and dials. But I suppose digital is the future.

post #2 of 16 Old 05-01-2013, 04:04 PM

i think the Quoris cluster is nice and functional. I like how they used a lcd screen to give you more views of different things instead of it being only a tachometer and speedometer. The intro of when you start the car too make s it really unique. Its only a matter of time till this happens for all cars.
kQue likes this.
post #3 of 16 Old 05-01-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoris_Fan View Post
i think the Quoris cluster is nice and functional. I like how they used a lcd screen to give you more views of different things instead of it being only a tachometer and speedometer. The intro of when you start the car too make s it really unique. Its only a matter of time till this happens for all cars.
I have to agree. Watching the Kia Quoris instrument cluster video was the first time i got to see the instrument cluster in action, and the start-up/intro screen does help create that premium vehicle vibe it needs and makes you feel like your driving something very special. This is far better than turning on the vehicle and having the display just light up, animation was always cool

post #4 of 16 Old 05-03-2013, 03:05 PM
TDR

For luxury car like the Quoris with a multitude of features, I think a digital instrument cluster is very fitting. It fits the feel and expectations of the Quoris.

When it comes to sports cars, where the main focus is performance, I do have a liking for more analog controls with mechanical parts. For example the Porsche 911, the analog cluster looks better than a digital. It fits the nature of the car IMO.

post #5 of 16 Old 05-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

An analog gauge cluster with multiple gauges is key for keeping track of your vehicles behavior which is crucial when it comes to performance. With the advancement of technology I would prefer digital gauges there is just too much going on when you later at that many gauges though.
post #6 of 16 Old 05-06-2013, 03:32 PM

I think Digital clusters can work on all cars including performance vehicles if the quality is there. Not all digital instruments are made equal. Lexus is an example of a brand that I think really shines with their digital instrument cluster on the LFA.

Last edited by Qbert; 05-06-2013 at 03:37 PM.
post #7 of 16 Old 05-06-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbert View Post
I think Digital clusters can work on all cars including performance vehicles if the quality is there. Not all digital instruments are made equal. Lexus is an example of a brand that I think really shines with their digital instrument cluster on the LFA.

Lexus LFA customizable instrument panel - YouTube
Yeah you're right, not all digital instrument clusters are created equal. A Kia Quoris instrument cluster and Lexus LFA instrument cluster will definitely be worlds apart.

Not sure of how many of you are aware, but the main reason the Lexus LFA got an instrument cluster was because it's revs way too quickly for any analog gauge with the traditional needles to keep up with. So Digital was the only way.

While the LFA has it for the reason above and many more, in a car like the Quoris it's more so a cool gadget.
post #8 of 16 Old 05-21-2013, 05:05 PM

Digital clusters are cool but it's more of a want than a need, even just improving on the analog cluster design will be enough to make people happen, putting those resources into making other area's of the quoris better is what should be done. All the brands that offer digital clusters and other cool detailed high priced gadgets like that which aren't all that necessary are well established industry leading brands.

Kia has a way to go
post #9 of 16 Old 08-25-2014, 05:46 AM

Nice posts. Keep posting such needed information. Thank's!
post #10 of 16 Old 08-25-2014, 01:33 PM

Nice posts. Keep posting such needed information. Thank's!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page